SASS Wire Forum

Week 8 College Football

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#4 Kansas State vs. #17 West Virginia -- Kansas State

#3 Florida vs. #9 South Carolina -- Florida in a toss-up

#6 LSU vs. #20 Texas A&M -- LSU

Mark my words Okie, those Mountaineers got skinned by my flatlanders out in Lubbock and are looking for blood. West Virginia by two touchdowns!

Little history on the Bengals and Aggies Not the first Rodeo but LSU oughta prevail.

Otherwise, I think you're on track. Look for the maligned and irritated horns to crawl all over Baylor. They'll be inspired ya know. <_<

I just hope my Raiders can get by TCU!

Okie,

I am inclined to agree with Sam - WVU will be out for blood. The Big 12 made an excellent choice in WVU into the conference.

I shall be extremely interested in Squeakys predictions for the following week - week 9. A number of possibly excellent games to close out the month of October.

Notre Dame @ OU

Miss. State @ Alabama

TX Tech @ Kansas State

Florida @ Georgia

BOOMER SOONER

Tull

Okie,

I am inclined to agree with Sam - WVU will be out for blood. The Big 12 made an excellent choice in WVU into the conference.

I shall be extremely interested in Squeakys predictions for the following week - week 9. A number of possibly excellent games to close out the month of October.

Notre Dame @ OU

Miss. State @ Alabama

TX Tech @ Kansas State

Florida @ Georgia

BOOMER SOONER

Tull

If all the teams win in week 8 I'd say these add up to monumental weekend worthy of a goat roast and beer drinkin!

Dang, thats during ML season!

Said the Aggie . . . wait a minute, there's another team from Louisiana on our schedule? Got a ticket; gonna be there. Can't shoot anyway until this shoulder surgery gets further along with healing.

Czexican

TAMU is a tremendous university with accreditation second to none. I should have gotten my grad degrees from there. That said, I didn't mind it when Arkansas bolted the old conference and went to the SEC. It bothered me a little when Nebraska left and really didn't miss Colorado. But when the Aggies bolted they broke all kinds of tradition and I'm still ticked off. I mean Texas and TAMU had played for over 100 years and then whap its like the pros jumping ship chasing dollars.

The Aggies better feed ole Revelille some extra soup bones to get through the next few weeks.

Just where is Texas located, Sam? Is it somewhere near Arkansas, or Massachusetts or what?

I know that it is part of the Union, but I have just never found it on the map.

You say they have a football team located there also. Well shut my mouf.

There are plenty of old Ags that really hated breaking tradition, and I doubt if any university stands so strong on tradition. I think it just came down to being tired of dealing with our rival in Austin, and the football field was a small part of that rivalry.

Air ya saying that the Tide will roll over, Captain Bill? :blink:

Being rated #1 in just about everybody's poll, including the political polls, I would thunk they had a pretty good chance to win.... :unsure: but that is just me.

Ed: Wonder what the Oregon/Arizona State game is going to look like.

I am thinking that Oregon is not going to just walk on this one. Might be a tight game. I am still going with Oregon, but as they say, ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY...

As much as I love my Mountaineers, I believe we're in for another loss. We gotta find some defense

I am afraid you are right. Can't win them all with no defense. :(

I predict Bama will 'roll' over the volunteers.

Sad times here in Ktown. Already talking about Dooley's replacement. I heard one radio sports show say there will be more AL fans in Neyland stadium then TN fans. :wacko:

So my predictions:

Bama rolls over Tennessee (little worried about McCarron's knee though)

South Carolina gets beat by Florida, especially with Lattimore out (can't trust Spurrier on that one though)

West Virginia beats Kansas State.

LSU beats Texas A&M

Maybe OSU over Iowa

I guess those are the only big games being played that are competitive.

How could I forget, guess I'll have to pick the Scots over Slippery Rock.

...given that UT Vols is my 2nd alma mater; it will be Vols over Bama!

...and...

Oregon over ASU

LSU over Tex. A&M

Virginia Tech over Clemson

Okla. State over Iowa State

S. C. over Florida

Texas Tech over TCU

...fearlessly predicted... <_<

...given that UT Vols is my 2nd alma mater; it will be Vols over Bama!

...fearlessly predicted... dry.gif

Hope you are correct.

I fear the only chance UT will have is if one of BAMA's buses breaks down on the way up here. :wacko: (I know they fly. But we are talking BAMA) :rolleyes:

They could still win with half a team. :(

Hope you are correct.

I fear the only chance UT will have is if one of BAMA's buses breaks down on the way up here. :wacko: (I know they fly. But we are talking BAMA) :rolleyes:

Maybe some of OBAMA buses will be in town so some of the BAMA buses will be late :)

Hope you are correct.

I wuz kinda thinkin' the same thing...

I make be stuck in the past: ...for Alabama the woes of the program's nadir in the 1950s was exemplified by the run of futility against the Volunteers. Between 1940 and 1960 the Crimson Tide eked out a meagre 1-9-2 record against Tennessee. Exempting a 27-0 victory in Knoxville in 1954, Alabama was outscored by the Volunteers 188-56 over that span.

...and yes, I know that Alabama leads the all-time series with Tennessee, 46-38-7... but I can wish...

...Oregon may be real... ...watched the 1st half... ...Oregon played very well for what I saw...

I watched the second half, or at least part of it. I guess they must have sent in the second team because they

looked to be giving the game away. Maybe that was to keep the score more equal.

All that aside Arizona State has a good team. The score last night did not reflect that when I tuned in.

So, perhaps you are correct, OKB. They would not be in the top five if they were not good.

Well, that would make good sense from a coaching angle. Got a big lead, let us teach the youngster a few

things about real life. I have no problem with that. Besides, it saves the big boys for the next engagement,

teaches the new boys a few things and keeps the game on a more even level. I like it.

Of course it is still all about winning. :rolleyes:

Neverfear! The Aggies strongest tradition is the ability to snatch defeat right out of the jaws of victory! dry.gif

Yep, LSU squeaked in two TDs later in the second half, 14-12 LSU.

The OSO-Iowa State game is a good one as well.

Archived