SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Remington cylinders

Buckhorn Bud

I'm willing to pay a fare price for some spare Remington cylinders for my .36 cal Pietta revolvers.

Contact me if you have some you're willing to part with.

BB, I only shoot them in 44 but did want to add a tidbit. A few years back Pietta made a change or two on the Piettas, as it applies to the Remington Model. The bolt notches was the change that applied to my guns. Older guns do better with the older cylinders and newer guns do better with newer cylinders. Some said it did not matter while others said it did and in my opinion the cuts were sloppy if not matched.

BB, I only shoot them in 44 but did want to add a tidbit. A few years back Pietta made a change or two on the Piettas, as it applies to the Remington Model. The bolt notches was the change that applied to my guns. Older guns do better with the older cylinders and newer guns do better with newer cylinders. Some said it did not matter while others said it did and in my opinion the cuts were sloppy if not matched.

Thanks for the tip Bob. I'll keep an eye out for that. Now that you mentioned it I did have a couple of cylinders that the bolt didn't match up quite right. Being a machinist I just milled the slot to match the others and they've been working great.

Archived