SASS Wire Forum

Momma just took the apple pie out of the oven

Ya made enough to share, didn't ya? :huh:

Ya made enough to share, didn't ya? :huh:

She made one tall pie. Don't rightly know how I am gonna get it in my big mouf.

Time to churn some ice cream and brew some coffee.

Joe, that is an excellent idea. Banilla me thinks.

Sounds dang good all around! Had a coupla small apple trees going but the deer ate one and tore up the other.

Sam, I have four producing apple trees. Between the squirrels, rabbits, deer and bugs, I get about a bucket of apples a year. One or two pies and that is about it. But they sure are good richt off the tree.

You know, some of the most interesting history to me is accounts of the pains taken by immigrants to take care of their fruit tree nursery stock. You can bet they didn't haul em all the way to your country just to be eaten by deer!

Yep. Richt Okie?

That pie is really good. Only thing is, it was a new recipe for Momma. Din't call for no flour in the filling. So it was really soupy with apple juice that cooked out of the pie. Good eats tho. I do not recall as sweet a pie in a very long time. Spartans are not the prettiest apples in the world and subject to scab, but they sure are sweet AND tart. Very good pie apples.

Good news, we got lots of apples left over. Momma is gonna mess with the recipe some to see if she can get it more better.

Bad news, Charlie gets to peel apples.

Good news, more pie.

BMC, we were up your way in July (Sorry we didn't have time to meet with ya). My wife's cousin took us to a small diner in Sylvana (?), Wa. After lunch, I ordered apple pie. Tall, thick, not runny, with a crumb top. DANG, that was a great pie. :D

TF

Well Tom, I am right sorry I didn't get to meet with you and your wife. Looks like you friend took you out in the country. Silvina is up in Mudflat Mike's neighborhood. My Grandson lives just east of there in Arlington.

In July you should have tried the strawberries. Marysville, just around the corner has a big strawberry festival the first week end in July, I believe it is.

Yep. Richt Okie?

That pie is really good. Only thing is, it was a new recipe for Momma. Din't call for no flour in the filling. So it was really soupy with apple juice that cooked out of the pie. Good eats tho. I do not recall as sweet a pie in a very long time. Spartans are not the prettiest apples in the world and subject to scab, but they sure are sweet AND tart. Very good pie apples.

Good news, we got lots of apples left over. Momma is gonna mess with the recipe some to see if she can get it more better.

Bad news, Charlie gets to peal apples.

Good news, more pie.

Get yourself somethin' like this: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=11917925&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNj6hJ2q_LICFcV7QgodAQwAZw

We have one of those, comes in handy when my wife makes an old family recipe of Mincemeat. Badger, maybe we can work out a trade, Apple pie for Mincemeat pie?

My wife would be all over that, but I am more of an apple pie man than a mincemeat pie.

Got beer?

Archived