SASS Wire Forum

bite tha bullet

Red Logan #12252

This will really make a difference in our style of living!!!

Subject: Guess I'm going to bite the bullet

Guess I'm going to bite the bullet, too!!!!

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with mypersonal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's time

To get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about.

I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries – six cents worth.

Did this President actually think no one would do the math? Please send this to everyone on your list so people understand how idiotic a $100 million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget – ludicrous!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation...One is by sword...The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

Your math is not DC math. A $100M cut means that they did not INCREASE the budget by the expected amount. That $100M decrease may actually mean a $500M increase!

You gotta approach political math like a lying, snivelling, thieving, ego-centric maniac who uses math to prop up there agenda.

If they shot cowboy and added 5 seconds to each sequential stage during a match in July due to heat fatigue (20 on first stage, 25 on second...) then a 38 second time on stage five would be a two second reduction from their stage times.

It must the water flowing through the pipes in that city; they all do it.

Archived