SASS Wire Forum

Um..........WoW!

EE Taft

I made a trip to Quincy Illinois today (just up the road from me about 25 miles) to pick up some supplies that I can't get in town. While there eating with Mama and my little girl we got a text from the local NBC station saying shots had been fired on the south side of town.......

......I forgot about it until now when I looked at the local news to see what happened.....I think I'll leave my comments aside and just show y'all the story.

Be sure to read the comment section as well.

http://www.wgem.com/story/19764856/police-seal-off-quincy-neighborhood-after-reports-of-shots-fired

~EE~

Edit to say....I don't fault the officers in any way for the response.....They were doing their job and doing it well......but......

These days, you take things seriously that, when we were kids, no one would have noticed. Over the weekend, I saw an old newsreel clip that showed a woman voting for FDR in his third run; she was wearing cowboy clothes and waving a (toy? real?) gun at the camera in a crowd of people. I have no idea what the full context was, but I think you see my point.

Yup....

I remember as a kid playing outside all over the neighborhood with cap guns and even BB guns.......no one was concerned then.......

.......Different world these days. :(

~EE Taft~

Archived