SASS Wire Forum

Baseball playoffs

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Indians are not in I hafta go with the other Ohio team. Go Reds!

:) Rye

Since the Indians are not in I hafta go with the other Ohio team. Go Reds!

And maybe I should cut your tires. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Reds have been the problem for St. Louis. I really believe that they have a better team, but it is the playoffs. Anything can happen and usually does. St. Louis has to get past the Nationals first.

And maybe I should cut your tires. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Reds have been the problem for St. Louis. I really believe that they have a better team, but it is the playoffs. Anything can happen and usually does. St. Louis has to get past the Nationals first.

Cut my tires???? Man you are serious about them Cards huh? Too bad the Reds will annihilate them!!! LOL

I had better be serious about them. My Grandmother would come back and haunt me if I wasn't.

God bless her soul, she was the biggest Cardinal fan that I have ever been around. Since I grew up in the Stan the Man era, I have to be also. Just not as big of a fan. Before Harry Cary went to Chicago, he was the voice of the Cardinals. He had a couple of color men, but the one I recall was a guy by the name of Gabby. I do not recall his last name. Geeeez man, you kicked over a lot of memories for me.

I do have a question. If the Reds and the Cardinals end up playing each other, how will we tell them apart?

Both wear red. I know, we could call them the Cincinnati blues?

:lol:

I do have a question. If the Reds and the Cardinals end up playing each other, how will we tell them apart?

The Rally Squirrel would never help a Cincinnati player!

Eggzacktly! Still don't know how anyone could say "no thanks" to $250 mil and a share in the ownership...

I don't understand how anyone can be worth that kind of money.

I mean, it is a GAME for craps sake.

Hijack alert:

Don't get me started. My alma mater Kansas Jayhawks just gave B-ball coach Bill Self a 10-year $52 mil contract, guaranteed. Bonuses on top of that. For an "amateur" game. Makes him #4 highest paid in the U.S. behind Kentucky, Louisville and Duke.

It looks like a game. But it's Big Business!

I had better be serious about them. My Grandmother would come back and haunt me if I wasn't.

God bless her soul, she was the biggest Cardinal fan that I have ever been around. Since I grew up in the Stan the Man era, I have to be also. Just not as big of a fan. Before Harry Cary went to Chicago, he was the voice of the Cardinals. He had a couple of color men, but the one I recall was a guy by the name of Gabby. I do not recall his last name. Geeeez man, you kicked over a lot of memories for me.

Great story about Harry Carey I did not know that and you're grandma musta been cool! I remember Stan the Man, I had his baseball card along with everyone else in that era and they all got thrown out when we moved! Grrrr.............

Good question about the red uniforms, hmm.... let's see the Cardinals could have feathers glued to their hats maybe?? LOL

Rye :)

Great story about Harry Carey I did not know that and you're grandma musta been cool! I remember Stan the Man, I had his baseball card along with everyone else in that era and they all got thrown out when we moved! Grrrr.............

Good question about the red uniforms, hmm.... let's see the Cardinals could have feathers glued to their hats maybe?? LOL

Rye :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Twenty runs in two games. Whoooooo Hoooooo!

Looks like Cincinnati stubbed their toe today.

I suspect that they may win tomorrow and that the Cards may lose.

That would balance up the series and make it much more interesting..at least at the box office.

Looks like the Giants are putting it to the Reds. Well, if the Cardinals win, we won't have to worry about the red uniforms clashing. :unsure:

Update: Going into the bottom of the 9th, SF 6/ Cin 3.

End of the line for Cincinnati?

Archived