SASS Wire Forum

Now this is something I do not understand.

Product Information

Liberty Halo-Point Civil Defense ammunition is a high velocity, extremely accurate load designed for self-defense. The 78 Grain Lead-Free Fragmenting Hollow Point bullet travels at 1900 feet per second, resulting in 12 inches of ballistic gel penetration and a permanent wound cavity greater than 5 inches in diameter. When tested through denim cloth into ballistic gel, this load penetrated almost 8 inches deep and produced a wound cavity 6 inches in diameter. This lightweight, high velocity round yields less felt recoil and has an effective range of 25 meters. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, and requires no weapons modifications.

I guess they are worried about you getting lead poisoning if you get shot with it.

I'm no doctor, but I think lead poisoning would be the least of your worries at that point... :wacko:

Uhhhh.......yup!

Liability is a crazy thing.......if they're worried about a dead perp sueing for lead poisoning........ :huh:

....maybe we are missing some point....if anyone figures out what it is let me know. :blink:

I am guessing they are promoting the fact that the user won't be exposed to lead.

.......That's all I need.......one out of about 10 different types of ammo that saves me the trouble of lead exposure! :lol:

Effective range of 25 meters? Your target better have a big hole in it or they will run right up to you and kick you to death. :angry:

Effective range 25 meters! :wacko: Really? :unsure: I have shot sparrows farther away than that with a BB gun! :lol:

The basic premiss is to preclude "over penetration" in an urban environment. Also, very little retained energy if the frags do manage to exit. A round that expends most or all of Its energy in the target is considered to be very effective. Just hope your target can read ballistic data. I'll stick with a big heavy bullet that may cause lead poisoning thank you very much.

Coffinmaker

Product Information

Liberty Halo-Point Civil Defense ammunition is a high velocity, extremely accurate load designed for self-defense. The 78 Grain Lead-Free Fragmenting Hollow Point bullet travels at 1900 feet per second, resulting in 12 inches of ballistic gel penetration and a permanent wound cavity greater than 5 inches in diameter. When tested through denim cloth into ballistic gel, this load penetrated almost 8 inches deep and produced a wound cavity 6 inches in diameter. This lightweight, high velocity round yields less felt recoil and has an effective range of 25 meters. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, and requires no weapons modifications.

I guess they are worried about you getting lead poisoning if you get shot with it.

I looked up this company and there ballistic gel shots... ...its got some wicked penetration fragmentation...

I looked up this company and there ballistic gel shots... ...its got some wicked penetration fragmentation...

I would guess so, with a wound cavity > 5 inches, it sounds like something that I would not want in my face.

Ballistic data!

Real sore point. KE is promoted as the end all/be all in bullet development.

Why? Because the way the formula works. The KE goes up by the square of the velocity. Therefore you can increase the KE very rapidly by raising the speed of the bullet.

The true measure of effectiveness is momentum. In this formula speed and mass of the bullet affect the terminal fresults equally.

Archived