SASS Wire Forum

P-51 Flight with Kemit Weeks

Kermit Weeks uploaded some great GoPro "Kermie Cam" video of his one of a kind P-51C Mustang. Pretty cool pre-flight and flying video from pilot perspective. Parts 1 and 2 are pre-flight. Part 3 is in flight.

Part 1...

Part 2...

Part 3...

:FlagAm: :FlagAm:

THANKS DB!

Sure does give me an insite to what my Mom had to do when she flew 51's as a WASP.

She always said the P-51 was her favorite aircraft to fly(P-38's were next), but it would kill you in a heartbeat.

LG

Great stuff, Dusty. But what were those four holes in the leading edge of the wings?

Air intakes? :FlagAm:

Browning .50 cals

Browning .50 cals

So, they are not air intakes, they are lead outlets. :)

really enjoyed watching. Thanks for posting. I am not much of a eagle,

but I had never seen the inside of a P51 nor what took place to fly one.

Fantasy of Flight is next to Interstate 4 near Haines city, FL. About 35 minutes from me. I have had the opportunity to see the P-51 fly a few times. It is really neat to have it take off over your head as you drive down the interstate.

Thanks Dusty. It was a sad day when Weeks left Tamiami Airport back in the early 90's but Hurricane Andrew did mess up a lot of his planes. He still has a few in his old museum, I see them every time I have to go to the TMB tower, but all the cool stuff is gone. Last time I saw him flying was at an air show in Opa Lpcka airport and he was buzzing the airport in a British Mosquito!

I believe that was I-4 he kept flying over. I go to the Tampa Bay area 'bout 3 - 4 times a year. I need to take the tour sometime

It's nice to be able to afford all this.......................:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Archived