SASS Wire Forum

Wanted 38-55 Lever Action

Rancho Roy

I'm in the market for a 38-55 Lever action rifle.

Prefer octagon barrel but will consider all.

Vintage or new production OK.

Marlin - Winchester - Uberti - ???

Best to email me at RVB100@comcast.net

Roy B

Go to this page http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=50963 and buy the one from Joel Rezac so I don't have to. No better dealer, will give you the straight dope on the rifle.

Happy hunting,

Marlin

My brother has a Marlin CB 38-55 that he is looking to sell. I think it may be a package deal with bullets and dies. I'll check it out.

Dutch Cassidy

dutchcassidy@yahoo.com

Hello RB, I've got a 38-55 Crazy Horse Comm. "like NIB, without box", I planned taking it to T-Bones for SW Reg. 1st Weekend in Nov.

Will take $850, no less, but would consider trade AR.

....crosscut (crosscuthardy@yahoo.com)

I Have a Marlin Cowboy 38-55 in excellent condition. Has new tang sight. $850.00 plus shipping.

Brass and dies available.

Pecos Smith

vaccolt45@yahoo.com

707-443-1720

Thanks Folks............certainly a whole bunch of 38-55 rifles available out there. A number of real nice vintage collectables available, but the prices are really climbing fast. And unable to see the actual rifle causes concern at these prices.

For current production rifles I've narrowed it down to three:

Marlin CB (we all know what this is)

Winchester Model 94 Sporter, 24" Octagon to round, checkered, crescent (in current Winchester catalog)

Winchester Legendary Frontiersman

All three of these rifles are in the $800-$1100 range and should prove to be good shooters and easy on the eyes.

Decisions, decisions!

My brother is asking $900 for his Marlin 336CB, including shipping to your FFL. The rifle comes with a Marble tang site and a Globe front site with 1 insert,and a set of RCBS Cowboy dies. I can PROBABLY get some pics, but in any case a 3 day inspection (without shooting) allowed with a full refund (excluding shipping).

Dutch Cassidy

dutchcassidy@yahoo.com

I'm in the market for a 38-55 Lever action rifle.

Prefer octagon barrel but will consider all.

Vintage or new production OK.

Marlin - Winchester - Uberti - ???

Best to email me at RVB100@comcast.net

I can speak with authority on a specific on the Marlin 336 in 38-55. I have one and it is a great shooter, BUT, only after much fuss and ado with bullets. It seems that Marlin bored their barrels to accept a .378 to .380 bullet, but the chamber was cut for a .375 bullet. To say the least, this does NOT bring accurate results, but lawyer proofs them so there won't be any "overpressuring".

I had my chamber reamed to accept .379 bullets, and now all is well.

This is for info only, and is the result from MY rifle. It is NOT a slam of anyones offerings.

Good luck with your search.

Al

Thanks folks....I decided to order the new Winchester 1894 "sporter" reproduction with 24" Octagon to round barrel, cresent butt plate and upgraded wood with checkering. In 38-55. This rifle is a real looker!

Model-94-Sporter-MID-534178-m.jpg

Archived