SASS Wire Forum

What the bleedin' H3! is going on with gas prices

Subdeacon Joe

I did a quick check of past performance of our beloved gas companies and here is a breakdown from Fortune 500 so for your enjoyment here are the top 5 profit makers:

EXXON 41 mil (rounded off

CHEVRON 26 mil

APPLE 25 mil

Microsoft 23 mil

FORD 20 mil

I am sorry but I just don't buy these "excuses" refrineys "down for repair, the cost of crude, on and on, and if they cant find any thing else they fall back on the "FIRE"....they need to get new fire insurance and right now crude is down from what I hear,

and I also don't buy the profit margin only being a few cents on the dollar....they are gouging us....and if that isn't bad enough for the last 100 years the government has been subsiding them..(that is as bad as paying farmers NOT to grow crops.) they don't need any more money....Used to be that Bill Gates and God made more money than anybody, and now the oil companies have left him in the dust...he is down to 4th....

the oil companies could at least stop lying to us with their excuses and tell us they are going to take as much money from us as they can....

I for one have cut me and GramaPhyllis driving down to a minimum. (I know that folks that still have to work are at their mercy, and that is what they are counting on....)

I think we should take a hint from the "smokeout" folks and take a couple of days a month and just refuse to buy gas.....let their product sit on the shelf for a couple of days..They count on supply and demand....well lets reverse the game and give them some suplly and LACK of demand...

ok, now go ahead and tell me how wrong I am...I ain't gonna change my mind...

curley

Take Econ 101 Curly before you blame the oil companies. You're paying more than a dollar over what we pay here in Georgia and it ain't because of gouging. If they could gouge, they would do it everywhere. California has the craziest gas regulations in the country with their winter and summer blend crap as well as excessive gas taxes. There's an old adage, if you want less of a thing, tax it (or regulate the crap out of it) if you want more subsidize it. Well Cali has decided that taxes and regulations are the way to go, and now you get to pay for it. TINSTAAFL. BTW, the government has higher profit margins on gas sales than the oil companies do.

BTW insurance will pay back losses they experience from fires, but it won't affect the amount of gas they can supply and basic economics shows that when supply decreases while demand stays the same, prices go up.

Want to know who to blame for the prices, look around you at the people who keep electing the same crowd to public office in California.

The stations around here up about 50 cents since Saturday. Yesterday between going to work and coming home they went up about 15 cents. On my way to work this afternoon up another 10 to 15 cents.

Brother Subdeacon Joe, the solution is to move to Alabama.

I filled up at the Shell station near my house this morning and paid $3.59 a gallon...which I consider too high! But it's been that same price for over three weeks now.

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-10-08/industries/34312910_1_gas-prices-expensive-gas-cheapest-gas/3

Archived