SASS Wire Forum

H&K USC

I owned one when they were first imported around 2002.

Pros: Very precise. Easy to hit targets with open sights out to 75 yeads.

Very reliable. Fed all sorts of ammo with no feeding issues.

Easy to maintenance.

Cons: Grip is huge. If you have big hands, you might like it.

With long 16" barrel, balance is awkward. This weapons was ment to have a short barrel (i.e. UMP)

10 round mags are expensive. This really limits it's use as a defensive carbine.

Needs a folding stock.

I kept it for about 2 years. The 10 round mags and the fixed stock were the reasons I sold it. Wound up buying a nice Colt M4 carbine, which I'm much happier with.

If you have fired this weapon please leave your observations.

Mush Appreciated.

Ned

I saw one and have fired a friend's. Nice gun, but not $1800 nice. To my knowledge there are NO high capacity magazines available for them.

There are any number of guns out there that will do the same thing for much lower price. An AR-15 set up to shoot 45 ACP with M3 grease gun magazines will be less then the H&K USC

Ah! I miss-read the USC!

Anyway, LG, did you swap out the mag release with one that has bigger paddle?

Your talk'n about the safety/decocker and NOT the mag release.....RIGHT :blink:

NOPE, OEM works just fine for me.

LG

Your talk'n about the safety/decocker and NOT the mag release.....RIGHT :blink:

NOPE, OEM works just fine for me.

LG

Nope. I mean the mag release. As it turns out, new H&S have a mag release with bigger paddles and it fits the compact. I made the switch and I really like it.

Had one when they first came out, really neat gun, really looked the part. Shot NO better then the Marlin camp carbine I had that cost about 1/4 what it did. 10 round magazines were a non-starter as fas as I was concerned. At the time you could buy probably 5 of the "extended" 10 round Gvt Model mags for the price of one of the HKs and IIRC you could get 30 rounders from HK for about $150 a pop.

I paid about $1000 for mine and actually made a little money when I got rid of it. I regret getting rid of the Marlin more than the HK.

Had one when they first came out, really neat gun, really looked the part. Shot NO better then the Marlin camp carbine I had that cost about 1/4 what it did. 10 round magazines were a non-starter as fas as I was concerned. At the time you could buy probably 5 of the "extended" 10 round Gvt Model mags for the price of one of the HKs and IIRC you could get 30 rounders from HK for about $150 a pop.

I paid about $1000 for mine and actually made a little money when I got rid of it. I regret getting rid of the Marlin more than the HK.

The military, "class 3" sub-gun version of the USC is the UMP. When H&K decided to provide a civilian sporter version for the US shooting public, this was during the Clinton "assault ban" years. One of the stipulations of the sporter USC was it could not be modified to hold more than 10 rounds. Thus the 30 round mags for the UMP will not fit the mag well on a USC. The only mags that I'm aware of that are available for this carbine are the H&K 10 rounds ( they have USC stamped on them).

Several smiths have designed a magwell modification that will allow the USC to run M3 "Grease Gun" mags. I dont know how reliable that modification is. Do a google search and you'll find loads of info on that mod.

Archived