SASS Wire Forum

I don't get serious too often, but you NEED to read this

Honestly, I don't know how I ever got anything done while working. :blink: So what do I do now? I went to night school at a junior college and took the Dreamweaver course, which is a terrific web site building tool. I built two cowboy web sites and run them. I run our parent club's web site as well. I TG at two clubs and am match director at one of them. I build all of our wood props, and my sidekick, Dynamite, does all of the welding. Together we built 7 false fronts for our range, and we maintain our section of the range. I write all of the stages for the Mima club. I make a dandy house husband, doing my daily routine of taking out the trash, doing dishes, doing laundry, and making supper. I do all of the check book balancing and paying bills. I am off shortly to buy groceries and take in clothes to the cleaners. I now have time to shoot 3-4 matches a month. Then there is all of the gun cleaning, reloading, and such. And now I have time to come in the Saloon and harrass folks. Finally, I get to do something I never had time for while working -- just kick back and read a good book. I never have to worry about filling my day. :)

...you get an AMEN from this corner of Indian Territory!!!

What associations besides AARP are available to our elder citizens? Do any of you belong to one?

How about the NRA :excl:

They are "available" to everyone.

AARP doesn't do anything for you that you can't do for yourownself with a little reseach. AARP is a sham.

LG

What associations besides AARP are available to our elder citizens? Do any of you belong to one?

These two. I don't belong, but then again, I don't belong to anything else, either.:blink:

http://www.americanseniors.org/

http://www.generationamerica.org/

I watched AARP as it paid all bills presented to them for 17 years connected with my late father's kidney failure.

You may not like them and that's your privilege but I appreciate what they did for my family.

Bills ranged in the vicinity of $60000 per year.

Noz,

I have been an AARP member for a long time and have not had any problems with them. I have used some of the services they provide and again no problem. I understand some people dislike them, for whatever reason. Some of their political positions I don't agree with but overall I think they do provide a service that's needed by us old folks. My reason for asking about other organizations was just to provide pards with another option. In no way do I want to ruffle any feathers.

Noz,

I have been an AARP member for a long time and have not had any problems with them. I have used some of the services they provide and again no problem. I understand some people dislike them, for whatever reason. Some of their political positions I don't agree with but overall I think they do provide a service that's needed by us old folks. My reason for asking about other organizations was just to provide pards with another option. In no way do I want to ruffle any feathers.

Oh pipe down. You just ruffled my feathers. :P AARP is just a LibShill program that is also anti-gun. AARP doesn't do squat for healthcare. They just use their name to front for United Healthcare, from which they get a cut. Bypass AARP and go directly to to the insurance company.

Edit: Forgot the smiley

Oh pipe down. You just ruffled my feathers. :P AARP is just a LibShill program that is also anti-gun. AARP doesn't do squat for healthcare. They just use their name to front for United Healthcare, from which they get a cut. Bypass AARP and go directly to to the insurance company.

Edit: Forgot the smiley

Okie,

I did. They have been my insurance carrier for two years now. Liked them so much that I joined their ranks and now represent them! Gotta do something to put lead downrange. See ya next month.

Okie,

I did. They have been my insurance carrier for two years now. Liked them so much that I joined their ranks and now represent them! Gotta do something to put lead downrange. See ya next month.

We're always happy to see you, my friend. :)

Archived