SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy is Down, Judge'm All Duncan

Fast Harley,SASS#34953

Yahoo - Thanks for all the updates on the Judges condition. Was glad to read the one update that he was moving out of the hospital - then saw the next one where he has to have more surgery. Just be thankful he has a good doctor that see's potential problems and takes care of it right away!

Will continue to keep both of you on our thoughts.

TL B)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Judge, You and Yazoo are in my prayers daily. Hang tough Big guy!

Hoss Carpenter

On Tuesday morning, Judge's pacemaker was installed. Everything went well with the procedure. He also got a report from the Ortho on his bumm knee that STILL has him in the bed. He has extensive arthritis (don't we all !) in his left knee cap, bone on bone, and two bone spurs. Because he has been off his feet for so long the pain is more intense. Right now, more drugs to ease the knee pain are on order. Doc wants him on his feet and will offer some solutions once he re-coups from his MORE serious conditions. He is coming around more and more each day. He is talking about Cowboy Shooting and how much he misses all of you! :wub:

Yazoo-

p.s. can i add, LADY OUTLAWS are TOUGH???? ;)

Still got the prayer thing goin' strong.

We'll see you soon!

I got to swing by and spend about an hour with Judge, Yazoo, Doc Duncan and Dixie Critter yesterday ( Tues). I can say Judge was in great spirits and very talkative.

We talked about how he was feeling and his improving condition. Then the conversation got to cowboy stuff. He can't wait to be back on the range, but that's probably a couple of months down the trail., In my medical opinion.

He wants everyone to know he appreciates all the prayers and asked us to keep em coming. Please, if you're in the area, stop by for a visit. It helps.

Yazoo will have to keep us informed on exactly where Judge is as he is scheduled to be moved the Wellstar Windy Hill at some point.

And BTW, judge really liked the Gsrdenia Bonzai plant sent by the River Bend Rough Riders.

Rufus

When my father has his pacemaker installed, they put it in his right chest. That ended all rifle and shotgun shooting for him. If you were not aware of this possibility please discuss it with the doctors before the surgeery.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. You and the Judge are in our thought every day .

McKenzie

Darlin' and I are keepin' our fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. She bein' the medical type explained the whole thing to me (let's face it, she married below her station) and it kinda scared me. The stuff that's out there these days is really nasty.

Anyway, can't wait to see the ol' boy again.

Dang It

YEAH!

Judge was moved late yesterday to his rehab hospital! Now he can begin his formal recovery activities. Here is the address:

Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital

c/o Vernon Duncan a/k/a Judge'm All Duncan Room 118

2540 Windy Hill Road

Marietta, GA 30067

Howdy,

Glad to hear the Judge is healthy enough to be moved to rehab. Hope all goes well at rehab.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

P.S. Y'all know what PT stands for......Pain & Torture.

Judge is now at Windy Hill rehab place!!!!!!!!! went and saw him again Weds and he was pitching a fit about not being moved yet...well they heard him. He's moved. His pacemaker is on his left side so he can still shoot. Being the Ol' timey fellar he had them install a wind up pacemaker, (fob and all) instead of one of those modern battery type ;)

I'm going to go check out his new digs Friday AM.

Can't keep a good man down...

Click-Bang

Let's throw another round of prayers out for the Judge's speedy and complete recovery, and for the poor nurses and staff that hafta' deal with him once he gets the bit in his teeth!!

Judge & Yazoo City Gal prayers sent up for a speedy recovery. Judge I need some tutoring shooting my ROA with Black so get well quickly.

Tennessee Deadeye

Relieved to hear that you're steadily improving Judge. With all that mess on your plate it sounds like you've handled the situation admirably. Hang in there pal, the finish line is just around the next bend. Can't wait to hear all about it first hand. Someone needs to git that one on video! Prayers out to you Brother...

Howdy,

On Sunday TN Hawk & I visted with the Judge & Yazoo on our return trip from Guns of Autumn. He was quite alert, his color looked good and we were able to stay the best part of an hour with them. There are some challenges to his rehab. But, with a little prodding from Yazoo and support of his pards, I'm sure he'll do well. So, keep those cards & letters coming. Remember these good folks in your thoughts & prayers.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Howdy Friends!!!!!!!

I am here in the Windy Hill Rehab Facility with my Wonderful Wife making my first REAL Post on the wire in quite some time.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!Because of them and

some great doctors I am getting ready to be a cowboy again.

I hope to have this rehab stuff out of the way and be home by Thanksgiving.

Judge

Howdy Friends!!!!!!!

I am here in the Windy Hill Rehab Facility with my Wonderful Wife making my first REAL Post on the wire in quite some time.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!Because of them and

some great doctors I am getting ready to be a cowboy again.

Judge

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheyenne

ready to be a cowboy again.

Judge

Here is a deal for ya Judge. If you get well enough by Memorial Day, there is a free shoot waiting for you at Ohio State! Prayers continue!

Good to hear that you are doing better and now at rehab. We all look forward to seeing you out on the range shooting again real soon!!

Kajun

I talked to the Judge last night. He was very upbeat and alert and aware. He says that the rehab is progressing and that he hopes to be out of the Windy Hill facility by the end of the month.

We had a good talk and he thanked everyone again for their prayers and concern.

Here's another round of prayers for him and Yaz!

• 2 weeks later...

Update-

Judge was moved back to Kennestone Hospital for his final rounds of physical therapy. He is ready for four 45 minutes sessions a day to get him back on his feet! Hopefully we can get him home by the middle of December.

His updated address is: Wellstar Kennestone Hospital

c/o Vernon Duncan Room 652

677 Church Street

Marietta, GA 30060

Visiting hours are limited to: 12-1 (his lunch time) and after 4PM.

Yazoo-

Archived