SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy is Down, Judge'm All Duncan

Fast Harley,SASS#34953

That's great news, Yaz. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Since I'm only about two miles away, I can swing by there most any afternoon, or anytime, if needed. Did Judge get to see the card the Rough Riders sent?

Praying for y'all.

Rufus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell Judge that I said he has to get out of that hospital. He has target stands to build. :lol: Me and Mis and the boys are thinking about yall and wish a fast recovery. Don't forget we got a date at the Crabshack ;)

Cope

Surgery Monday morning. Judge is 2nd in line on the agenda. Straight down the middle and a mechanical valve will be used. Needless to say he/we are a bit anxious tonight. We all know he has a big heart...I am looking forward to the new and improved one! :wub:

Yazoo

Another round of prayers from the family for the big boy!!

Schoolmarm, Hatfield, and Blackwater

Thanks for the info Harley. You're in my prayers "Dunk". I hope you will have a speedy recovery and get well soon.

Your pard,

Isom

Judge did GREAT! 6 hours in surgery. He is one LUCKY man! Doc said the valve was in shreds and had an abcess. He is now in ICU care overnight. They will ween him off of the ventilator and medications tonight. Nothing I can do at this point except SLEEP! My job tomorrow is motivating him to get up off of that bed and starting physical therapy. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Yazoo

Well Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Great new Yazz.....if you need to motivate him just tell him that if'n he don't go to PT that he can look forward to more days of the lovely 4 walls of the hospital room that he is in! After all the time he has spent there I'm sure he's ready to jailbreak and skedaddle :)

Keep us posted!

Kajun

Post op day one-I was with Judge for the 4 hours he was weened off of the ventilator. I am hoping he does not remember any of the experience other than I was there holding his hand! The only thing he wanted was WATER and I was thankful to hear that word coming from his lips! His stats looked great the entire day. He slept off and on for most of the day. He was not moved at all other than the changing of the bedding and cleaning him up.

Today (Wednesday) will be the first attempt to get him up in a seated/standing position. He pretty much has been on his back since 9/28 when he was admitted.

Oh...the sense of humor is breaking thru too!

Yazoo-

Howdy,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like post surgery day one went as expected which is good. Best wishes for improvement each day of the recovery. May God Bless.

Vaya con Dios,

Keystone

Yazoo,

There ain't a day that goes by that me and Ga. Girl don't think about Judge and you. Thanks for the updates, we're encouraged by the good reports. Hoping to see both of you soon..

Judge,

Get better, there ain't enough of your kind around! You're both in our prayers.

Bluff and Georgia Girl

Just held court with the Judge :) He looked really good. He's now got a cool scar to show off. Yazoo told me they were going to remove his "cyborg" plug in running into his neck any minute. It was a tube running directly into his heart.

Wally wasn't too happy with Yazoo's rule that with each new visitor he has to do his lung excercise machine 10 reps.

Judge is a strong man, with a BIG heart. They're hoping to be in rehab in the next couple days.

Please keep Wally, Cindy and there whole family in your prayers. We need folks like him on this Earth

Click-Bang :FlagAm:

Archived