SASS Wire Forum

Honey Boo-Boo

Jacknife

I have to see the results of bad parenting everyday....unfortunately

I won't watch it on TV too

So many screwed up people in the world

Mama made me watch tieras and toddlers once.........

.......I told her if she ever asked me to watch it again I'd take the TV off the wall, set it out on the fence row and use it for target practice!

I really don't care for "Reality TV"!

But......If the world wants entertainment.......They could do a reality TV show about me!.......I'd shove the camera outta my face for real!! not for ratings!

........Y'all would watch a reality show about me wouldn't ya? :lol:

~EE Taft~

I only catch glimpses of the reality tv shows when the late night shows are showing clips and making fun of them. Honestly I am not sure what is real about them. Mostly people doing asinine things makinig asinines out of themselves.

I only catch glimpses of the reality tv shows when the late night shows are showing clips and making fun of them. Honestly I am not sure what is real about them. Mostly people doing asinine things makinig asinines out of themselves.

What's real about them is that they are real good examples of how screwed up our society is now that fantasy is reality and reality is fantasy..... :blink:

Sickening? Repulsive? Abomination? Any of those fit?

Never heard of it

I wish I had never heard of it.....

Until I opened this thread I had never heard of it....going to have to be more careful about what threads I open I guess :blink: ...now to find the whiskey.

It's sorta like driving by a bad traffic accident and even though you know it's gonna be bad, you feel compelled to look anyway. While cruising through the guide, I came upon it. Without thinking, I clicked on it and I was immediatly grossed out by the obese mother, the pregnant teenage daughter and the toothless father, but I was mesmerized by the fact that there actually is a real family like this. Fortunately, a commercial popped up and the spell of bad taste was broken and I cruised on down the channels and didn't look back.

Hi Folks,

I've just seen some ads and short clips; so I will reserve judgement.

I was really surprised to hear on his show that Anderson Cooper loves it. I really like him and his show. He's funny, warm, and classy. It seems odd that he would love the Honey Boo Boo show if it had no redeeming qualities. I guess I'll have to watch HBB some day. I do think the Toddlers and Tiaras concept is a bit sick. I can't help of poor JonBenet Ramsey.

Regards,

Allie Mo

. I do think the Toddlers and Tiaras concept is a bit sick. I can't help of poor JonBenet Ramsey.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Miss Allie, I think that is where most of us are coming from. The marketing these young girls as sex objects is beyond disgusting.

Hi Folks,

I was really surprised to hear on his show that Anderson Cooper loves it. I really like him and his show. He's funny, warm, and classy. It seems odd that he would love the Honey Boo Boo show if it had no redeeming qualities. I guess I'll have to watch HBB some day. I do think the Toddlers and Tiaras concept is a bit sick. I can't help of poor JonBenet Ramsey.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Cooper is a liberal - they like these sort of things.:lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Allie Mo

I was living in Denver at the time of the JonBenet Ramsey murder. Very sad tragic event. She would be the same age as my oldest son.

So . . a few folks with little or nothing to make them rich still subscribe to the American dream, come up with a concept,

market it, make a few bucks off of it, and will be better off than they were a year or three ago . . and folks complain.

At least they aren't sitting around talking on their Obama phones for crying out loud . . .

SC

What do you want to bet that three years after the show goes off they'll be right back where they were before except bitter because they don't have anything to show for their fifteen minutes of fame?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

This just in! I saw it on the Today show. (It was a clip from an interview from another show.) Honey Boo Boo is endorsing Barack Obama for President! <_<

I really feel the urge to watch the show some day. Hubby, who is an "Champion" at "channel surfing," said he stumbled across it once and it was hilarious. :rolleyes: I guess it wasn't funny enough for him to watch again though. :unsure:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Folks,

This just in! I saw it on the Today show. (It was a clip from an interview from another show.) Honey Boo Boo is endorsing Barack Obama for President! dry.gif

I really feel the urge to watch the show some day. Hubby, who is an "Champion" at "channel surfing," said he stumbled across it once and it was hilarious. :rolleyes: I guess it wasn't funny enough for him to watch again though. :unsure:

Regards,

Allie Mo

..it's probably in her contract :lol:

What do you want to bet that three years after the show goes off they'll be right back where they were before except bitter because they don't have anything to show for their fifteen minutes of fame?

Hi Royal,

For their sakes, I hope you are wrong. Another thing I heard in the interview was that most of the money was going into trusts for the children's education. Also, some was going to local charities. :)

It sounds like they aren't quite as "dumb as they seem" (apart from the Obama endorsement). :rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Royal,

For their sakes, I hope you are wrong. Another thing I heard in the interview was that most of the money was going into trusts for the children's education. Also, some was going to local charities. :)

It sounds like they aren't quite as "dumb as they seem" (apart from the Obama endorsement). :rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie Mo

No - they are dumb as they seem - I reckon that some of those charities are part of the contract too.

For y'alls enjoyment here is the interview http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-honey-boo-boo-endorses-barack-obama-jimmy-kimmel-20121016,0,5660828.story

Too funny

I really feel the urge to watch the show some day.

Be strong Allie. Resist the urge. Use The Force. :rolleyes::lol:

Was over at someone elses house a few week ago. This was on.

I was shocked that these people got on TV. :blink:

The real problem is going to be when the show ends. And that little girl still thinks she

is really something.

I pity the person that has to put up with her after all this.

Wonder it they even know that people that watch that show are just laughing at them.

I have to see the results of bad parenting everyday....unfortunately

I won't watch it on TV too

So many screwed up people in the world

Met a woman a couple of days ago that works with birth through 6 "damaged" children. She has 25 in a half day school setting and 31 outside private clients. She said she was thinking she might be burning out. When asked she said she had been working at this pace for 12 years.

Well, DUHH! Of course she is burning out. :blink:

Archived