SASS Wire Forum

Rumors of my death hve been grossly exaggerated.

Hey pards.

It's been a mite insane at casa jack of late.

Lemme put this as delicately as possible. it's been a cluster.

I'm seeing a new lady friend, and as luck would have it she's two states away. That's made for a lotta travelling, and in between all of that my mom passed, meaning a flying motorcycle run to NY and back to FL amid everything else. 3600 miles on the bike in september.

So yes, the Trading Post has been a mite neglected, orders delayed, and what not. Many thanks for customer patience, and begging forgiveness in advance if things get slowed again.

That could happen because I'm due for my semi-annual "oil change" with my cancer docs, and hell if I know what's gonna be found when they look under the hood.

The above is all "background" for the true purpose of this thread. We are told that to everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.

The time for me to "move on" from my venture with the Cowboy .45 Special is coming into focus. Several recent events have made it desirable to loose myself of the "store", and get busy with some other interests while I can.

There are now about 15K rounds of C45S brass, and assorted other goodies left in the shop, and when they are gone, the elephants are gonna fold the tent and we'll be headed down the trail. (Black Harris I beg indulgence as I knowingly nudge the line here.)

I am NOT selling my guns, and hope to shoot when winter comes to FL, but have not fired a round in a match in a year, and only visited two of em.

As I said, to everything there is a season......

You were missed AJ.

rumor has it that alot of folks gleen from your post, along with a few others, and when you ain't around, those folks don't learn nothin..... :lol:

I didn't start that rumor about you winning the BIG LOTTO either..... :o

..........Widder

Between trying to spend more time visiting with my Mom and finishing up my latest round of meds, I can relate a bit to the time problems you are suffering. Will anyone take up the shop mantle for you? Your imaginative product offerings would be sorely missed by many of us. You have truly been one of our more creative bright spots in SASS. I hope all goes well and that our paths may cross one day.

So !!!! Rummors of yer passing ain't true ,,,,, Good ...

Ya is just moving on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Best ta You ...

Jabez Cowboy

SASS has been and continues to be blessed with numerous folks who have given back to the game alot more than they gained. And I ain't just talkin money.

I'm talkin about helpin folks solve problems, be creative against all odds, weathering the storm, etc.....

And I personally think AJ can be placed right up at the top with the best of them.

No, he don't have his namebrand pistols, rifles, targets, bullets, hats, boots, etc..... He seem to not desire any spotlight except to be able to assist others with his ingenuity. And in the process, he invested HIS money, HIS time and HIS reputation of success or failure.

Shucks, he didn't even name his own BRASS (the C45S) after himself.

If portions of our life can be graded as Pass/Fail, AJ surely passed on the Cowboy Action scene.

Here's a gracious salute to a good Pard.

SALUTE!

..........Widder

Widder, you are as eloquent as always, and I couldn't agree with you more.

Salute, to a damn fine cowboy!

Dammit to hell, I tole all ya'all I ain't dead, so there will be no eulogies.

Seriously, I am touched by the kind words.

I did what I did with the C45S and the carriers and the bullets and the rest of it because they fulfilled a need, even when nobody else seemed to see that need.

I didn't do any of it alone. I had good friends who believed in me and helped me with moral support and helped spread the word. I did it collaborating with some of the best in the CAS world.

When some asked why, or said something was impossible, I answered because it is worth doing and I can do it (even though at times I didn't know exactly how or what steps would be needed, I just saw the vision of success.

That many, many shooters caught the fever as evidence by the high percentage of repeat orders, I guess there was a need. That they kept coming back and telling their friends (my customers seem to cluster), means I was no longer alone in my thinking.

More than money, far more, I gain great satisfaction by knowing I helped make the game more fun for those who tried my stuff.

In May I took final delivery of a custom Rolling Block in C45S, and tried it out at the range before the start of Green Mountain Mayhem.

I was silently feeling pretty good shooting my bullets that began as a drawing on a napkin, out of my cases, in a one of a kind rifle. That's a feeling few ever experience.

Every time I shoot my codymatic with my carrier in it, using my rounds, I know I DID THAT (no political inference there :rolleyes: ). You can't get that feeling at Walmart. To see others enjoy my stuff, even pay money for it, well that's just gravy.

To the question what becomes of my work? The market will tell us. Yes there are folks interested, but that's all I know.

Edited to add:

To those young fellers and the young at heart out there, if I can be so bold as to think maybe you will hear me let me say this.

When someone tells you something is impossible, be in the business of doing the impossible. When someone says you can't, tell them "this is america. We're AMERICANS. The impossible is what we do. We went to the damned moon fer crissakes. Of course i can" and go on and do it.

Edited to add:

To those young fellers and the young at heart out there, if I can be so bold as to think maybe you will hear me let me say this.

When someone tells you something is impossible, be in the business of doing the impossible. When someone says you can't, tell them "this is america. We're AMERICANS. The impossible is what we do. We went to the damned moon fer crissakes. Of course i can" and go on and do it.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

Edited to add:

Kinda like: 'ya can't run the C45S in the Marlin unless its been 'short stroked'. :lol: (HAR)

Kinda like: 'ya can't run shorties and long stuff in the Marlin without jammin it up. Marlins are overall length sensitive.' :lol::lol: (double HAR HAR)

..........Widder

Mr. Adirondack Jack..

Reckon I'm sorry ta hear yer takin' a different fork in the road..

Your contributions on the wire and in this sport are tremendous..

Just remember...

Sometimes that same road might wind around and bring ya back here in this direction..

Reckon I hope it does...

Rance <_<

Thinkin' you'll be missed..

yeah... along with yer pot stirrin' too :lol::lol:

I grok this. When you walk to the firing line and body parts are droppin offa ya like a blown engine at a drag race...it might be appropriate to consider yer time on this blue marble might be a bit limited.

So....do what makes ya happy and don't look back.

AJ - I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom.

Some of my fondest memories of CAS are sharing a stage with you. Laughed so much we could hardly shoot :)

Whatever is next for you, you are still a pard to ride the river with.

Archived