SASS Wire Forum

Stonelick Regulators Sends 'em off Right!

Kid Drover

I had the privelege of shooting the Diablo Roy Memorial Shoot Saturday in Batavia, OH. It was a special, a very speical experience. Carson, Long Shot Ace, Shakey South Paw, and a whole bunch of other Cowpokes did Ole "Roy" Proud! The shoot was fun. All the stages had been written by Diablo Roy, so they were kind of "old" SASS; we even ended with the rifle on one stage. I am not saying the targets were small, but the TO had to swear to me there really were 5 targets out there for the rifle on one of the stages. :rolleyes::lol: At the end of the shoot, all the shooters were treated to pizza and dessert. And, then the real reason for the shoot started. Carson lead the group on a "trip down memory lane". Many cowpokes shared their favorite memories and stories with and about Diablo Roy. It was obvious the love and respect the group had for this special man - Diablo Roy. There weren't many dry eyes in the place as the group began to break up and fade into the sunset. I don't know the mechanics, but, I am sure Diablo Roy was with us this Saturday - A Very Special Man, Indeed!

So Long, Diablo Roy! Gone, but not forgotten!

Drover,

Thank you for your kind remarks. Diablo was a very special and modest cowboy who set an example for us to follow. We were privileged to have him as a club member, former club Director of Cowboy Action Shooting and a friend. The stages were more "old school" but were written by Roy. 61 cowpokes participated in this shoot, which was the most for any shoot at our club in recent memory. We know that he was smiling on us Saturday.

Longshot Ace

Archived