SASS Wire Forum

BB gun question-

I figgered this wasn't a subject for the wire, so I thought I would give this question a go in the saloon..I have an old (probably '70's era) semi-auto Daisy BB pistola that uses CO2 cartridges..The model seems to be a CO2 200 BB GUN..I found this thing buried in the leaves under a bush nearly 20 years ago at a rental house we were living in at the time..I cleaned it up and kept it with the intention of hopfully getting it in working order someday, put it away and forgot about it, then ran across it going through some stuff the other day..So now that I have all these Grandkids I was thinking it might be fun to get it shooting and teach 'em some firearms safety at the same time..The problem is I have no owner's manuel and can't seem to be able to find one on the internet..It looks to have been built in Rogers,Arkansas by Daisy..But all I can find are sites wanting to sell me a chinese-made Daisy..I guess it's a model that's no longer made, since it's not on the list of current models..I'm not even sure where the BB's go in..There's a hole in the back of it that looks to be where it's loaded, but I tried putting BB's in it and they just fell back out..I also tried putting a CO2 cartridge in it and it must need a rubber gasket or something where the cartridge connects, since the stuff just very quickly leaked out around the connector.. :blink:

A friend of mine had one years ago, but I don't remember how he loaded it..Anybody out there have any knowledge of these things? Is there anybody who could work on them? Can they even be fixed? Sure would appreciate any help-Thanks!

It just seems like a neat little old USA-made BB pistola, obviously patterned after a Colt Woodsman or an old Hi-Standard..Sure would be a shame to not get it up and running iffn' I could.. :unsure:

And please..No jokes about putting my eye out! :lol:

Daisy Powerline 1200 Owners Manual

If the pistol shown in the video posted by Subdeacon Joe is the correct one, here is the manual for a later version [1200 Powerline].

They should be very similar.

Tull

I stopped by a garage sale and found 2 CO2 handguns. $5 for both. One was a Daisy 1200 Powerline and the other was a Crossman .22 cal pellet gun. Both were semi-auto. They needed to be rebuilt...O rings worn out. I went to a Transmission rebuilding warehouse and showed them the O-rings. They found new ones the same size. Bingo...they worked perfectly. Used them for 4-5 years and sold them for $60 and $100 @ at a gun show.

Jake

Thanks for the replies, Pards! Very helpful..

I suspect the O rings need replacing in this one, too..After all, it's at least 30-something years old..I tried to disassemble it with no success, I could only find two screws to remove, and the spring that holds the trigger in place..Couldn't get it apart though..I'll try it again with this new info when I get some more time..The piece that covers the BB resevoir has apparently been broken off..Hopefully I can fabricate a new one, or mebbe just stick a piece of tape over the hole..

Archived