SASS Wire Forum

Whew....

So, it's only in the 70's in New England....

And I get off the plane in Phoenix....

And it's 103...

And now I'm out at Camelback....

And it's 99...

Jeez...how do you folks shoot 6 stages in this heat? I'm sucking water through a hose, and I'm not doing anything physical....

LL

I Moved here a year and a half ago and I still don't like the dry heat. was back in Nebraska in July with almost as high of temps and lots more humidity but it was home so I didn't mind. Hear in AZ you have to find a mountain to climb to get relief form the heat, even in winter sometimes.

That's how i feel everytime I get off the plane in New England when I visit relatives......OMG, how do you deal with this humidity, I feel like have to push the air out of the way when I walk!

Last year a friend of mine and I went on a 5 week shooting binge in Nv and Az.Were camped at Tombstone for one shoot.Mid 50's about 7am or so.Then the sun came up and had a east wind.Temp got into the 80+90's and as the sun moved,so did the wind.By afternoon it was a west wind.Kind of like being in a convection oven ALL day.But,I'd take that over the 85 dewpoint and 90 degree temps I lived in when I was in Mn for 32 years.

So, it's only in the 70's in New England....

And I get off the plane in Phoenix....

And it's 103...

And now I'm out at Camelback....

And it's 99...

Jeez...how do you folks shoot 6 stages in this heat? I'm sucking water through a hose, and I'm not doing anything physical....

LL

Well, if this is any consolation, it's supposed to be 103 here on Monday, 10 miles from the beach in So Cal. :blink: :blink:

Well, if this is any consolation, it's supposed to be 103 here on Monday, 10 miles from the beach in So Cal. :blink: :blink:

I'm in Anaheim 11 miles from the beach. 103 on Monday means A/C on and I'm in the Pool every 2 hours for 5 minutes. Ahhhh!

20+ years as a professionally paid street walker (US Mailman) I would hose my head and shirt, walk a few blocks and hose again.

Gotta stay Cool somehow.

Jake

Umbrellas at the L/UL tables, towels over the guns on the tables, and we use canola oil on our guns. It doesn't help much with rust but it keeps them from sticking to your skin when you pick them up. laugh.gif

Umbrellas at the L/UL tables, towels over the guns on the tables, and we use canola oil on our guns. It doesn't help much with rust but it keeps them from sticking to your skin when you pick them up. http://sassnet.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

There, I fixed it for you. :lol::FlagAm::wub:

Jake

Hey Loophole,

If it was only 103, then it's cooled way down from what it has been. 103 is only considered warm, not hot!

Dad burn, it will be freezing here before long. I'm still looking for somewheres I can go for the winter. I really don't like the cold weather we have here in the winter.

PF

Gosh. We're about to have a severe cooling trend. They've revised next week's forecast down. It's only going to be 101 on Monday and 96 on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Archived