SASS Wire Forum

36 Caliber Navy Arms/Pietta 1851 Pistol

Come On Christmas

This is a great authentic looking piece. This gun was marketed by Navy Arms. In fact they stamped over the Pietta stamp on the top of the barrel which is kinda fun.

This smoke pole has the Italian code XIX on it so it was manufactured in 1963. The older guns are manufactured to better quality standards than some of the newer Italian models. The bore is mostly shiney. You can move the wedge pin with your thumb, no blunt brass object is required to remove same. It is color case hardened and blue. Check out the front of the barrel there is some bluing missing which gives it even more character. I put a new bead on it that prolly needs to be filed down shooting paper at a range.

$175 FIRM Conus to a good home. Pay me with a Postal Money Order if you please.

Here are some pictures.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/shameless54/005-2.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/shameless54/006-2.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/shameless54/007-3.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/shameless54/008-2.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/shameless54/009-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Shameless

P.S. Don't worry I have a nary one and a Uberti Navy Remmie .36 as well. I have not strayed from the path of the Holy Brimstone Smoke.

Hey Shameless:

Nice piece.

My collection of cap guns continues to grow.

Even bought a .36 recently.

Mostly, I shoot .44s

Bump fer a good pard.

& for the lucky pard who buys it.

--Dawg

My thoughts too...If it start with a 4, don't own it...Even in Rugers...

Texas Lizard

I use 36's sometimes to make my victims suffer and bleed a while before they expire. For knock downs I switch to a 44 or use a leetle mo powda.

Shamelessness

I still like my ROA's, just wanted to squeeze something a little different ... anyone with a handle like 'Shameless Womanizer' would understand perfectly! As a certain unnamed celebrity once replied when asked about rumors of his promiscuity, "Well, I am faithful in my HEART!"

I use 36's sometimes to make my victims suffer and bleed a while before they expire. For knock downs I switch to a 44 or use a leetle mo powda.

Shamelessness

Interesting thought...But that does give time to crawl out of the house...Then I just have to drag them back in...Sounds like a lot of extra work...

Texas Lizard

Hey:

OD loads his ROAs with about 40 grains of black.

OD--You won't be able to put that much in these!

--Dawg

No, but we will find out just how much you CAN fit in there! Heck, just laughing at the way this thread went back & forth was almost worth buying the Navy in itself. I expect I'll be in the market for a percussion shotgun soon, have plenty of rifles and pistols now. Guns are kind of like girls, no two are alike but all are fascinating. Wish we could make Tusco but I'll be there for the Wednesday shoot. Hey where is Rye Miles, I can't believe he hasn't thrown his 2 cents in yet.

No, but we will find out just how much you CAN fit in there! Heck, just laughing at the way this thread went back & forth was almost worth buying the Navy in itself. I expect I'll be in the market for a percussion shotgun soon, have plenty of rifles and pistols now. Guns are kind of like girls, no two are alike but all are fascinating. Wish we could make Tusco but I'll be there for the Wednesday shoot. Hey where is Rye Miles, I can't believe he hasn't thrown his 2 cents in yet.

Oh yes I was tempted but I have 4 -.36 cal. Two in 7 /12" and 2 in 5 1/2"!!! AND lots of balls!! :) Rye

Hey Charlie:

Note the time stamp on Rye's post.

He stays up nights dreaming about cap guns!

Maybe we'll change his alias to Night Owl Rye

--Dawg

I spray paint my balls gold and they leave a gold mark on their targets.

The Man with The Golden Balls,

Shameless Womanizer

69th Regiment CSA

Colonel Angus Commander

Hey Shameless (or Rye or the Dawg or anyone else), a serious question (as if anyone in THIS posse was EVER serious!), but what diameter balls does this take? .357 or .351 or something different? And what size spout on my flask will fill it up, the smallest I have is 30 grains but something tells me the Navy won't hold that.

Hey Shameless (or Rye or the Dawg or anyone else), a serious question (as if anyone in THIS posse was EVER serious!), but what diameter balls does this take? .357 or .351 or something different? And what size spout on my flask will fill it up, the smallest I have is 30 grains but something tells me the Navy won't hold that.

My balls are .357 and I load up about 15 grs. of FFG if that helps! I also grease my balls with bore butter, smells good!!!!!

:) Rye

I can give you some balls since you don't have any!!!

WED??

Hi OD:

Actually the Pietta takes .375 balls -- I have several boxes I can sell you.

Also, I can provide you with a smaller spout for your flask.

If you are going to be there on Wednesday, I can bring them then.

Please let me know.

Liked yer post about trusting us with yer wife, but not yer guns!

--Dawg

Hi OD:

Actually the Pietta takes .375 balls -- I have several boxes I can sell you.

Also, I can provide you with a smaller spout for your flask.

If you are going to be there on Wednesday, I can bring them then.

Please let me know.

Liked yer post about trusting us with yer wife, but not yer guns!

--Dawg

Yer right pard, they are .375, I guess my balls are bigger than I thought!

OD I'll bring ya some, Rye

I sent both OD and PDawg some surprises with they purchases. Lemme know how you likes them.

Shameless

Oh by the way I have been lax and got em gone today.

Without taking a set of calipers to 'em I always thought you had GREAT balls!

Uh...was that OD or Miss Hope??? :) Rye

Archived