SASS Wire Forum

Proud to be a Sass member

High Plains Hud SASS#64232

I have to tell this story the best I can. One month ago I was at Capital City Cowboys monthy match, in Topeka ,Kansas. A big guy in fatigues was shooting at the range next to us.As I was loading up he inquired about what we do. And of course he looked at everything I had. He did not want to shoot anything just checking things out. He told me his story. Rocket propelled gernade hit his vehicle. 6 years 26 surgerys later, and here he is. I incouraged him to come out to the annual match this weekend.

He came out today and the cowboy shooters did what they do at every club. I looked over there and there were about 10 shooters around him. He shot every side match. Then next thing you know he had full rigs of leather on and was be coached through a stage or 2 . Wow the look on his face!!

I know this happens a lot. But today I was touched and thought what a great bunch of friends I got. High Plains Hud

Thanks for sharing this story! You did a good thing inviting this wounded warrior hero out to play cowboy! :FlagAm:

This is very common and the way that people in this game are friendly and share is the envy of the other shooting disciplines....

Archived