SASS Wire Forum

What's the call

Captain Bill Burt

Stage instructions don't matter on this one.

The shooter picks up his rifle to engage the rifle targets and during the course of fire jacks out a rifle round which lands on the table slightly to the shooters left, (out of view of the TO). Shooter picks up the jacked out round and loads it. Shooter then jacks out the illegally ejected ammo and reloads from his person. The TO says that the rule states that any targets hit with illegally acquired ammo are misses, but since the shooter didn't fire the illegally acquired ammo it's a no call.

What say you?

Also, if you agree with the TO's call, what does that say about the wording of a rule intended to prevent loss of muzzle control due to reaching for ammo on the table/ground?

Stage instructions don't matter on this one.

The shooter picks up his rifle to engage the rifle targets and during the course of fire jacks out a rifle round which lands on the table slightly to the shooters left, (out of view of the TO). Shooter picks up the jacked out round and loads it. Shooter then jacks out the illegally ejected ammo and reloads from his person. The TO says that the rule states that any targets hit with illegally acquired ammo are misses, but since the shooter didn't fire the illegally acquired ammo it's a no call.

What say you?

Also, if you agree with the TO's call, what does that say about the wording of a rule intended to prevent loss of muzzle control due to reaching for ammo on the table/ground?

That does NOT fall under the "illegally acquired ammo" rule.

The ammo WAS initially brought to the line in an approved manner (i.e. loaded in the magazine of the rifle)

It's a MSV for retrieving a dropped round, whether it is used or not.

REF: RO1 pp.23-24 "Penalty Overview"

Dang PWB, 2 minutes from post to response. Are you sure you're not a Borg? :mellow:

Sometimes...depends on how much 5-hour I've chugged.

Running on two (or is it three) active threads this evening...as well as two PMs, an email exchange re: equipment legalities and posting some links on FB.

Oh...and my Grasshopper kicked my tail in today's match.

(does the credit go to the coach in that case...or to Drifter for fixing her '97 so it works properly??)

;)

Sometimes...depends on how much 5-hour I've chugged.

Running on two (or is it three) active threads this evening...as well as two PMs, an email exchange re: equipment legalities and posting some links on FB.

Oh...and my Grasshopper kicked my tail in today's match.

(does the credit go to the coach in that case...or to Drifter for fixing her '97 so it works properly??)

;)

Let's see, your SG worked properly (I assume) as did hers, so ceterus paribus I would call it for the coach. My little 7 year old Weedhopper beat his momma recently, I figured either way I get the credit (and the blame) since I coached them both.

Let's see, your SG worked properly (I assume) as did hers, so ceterus paribus I would call it for the coach. My little 7 year old Weedhopper beat his momma recently, I figured either way I get the credit (and the blame) since I coached them both.

That works for me...I think the deal-breaker today was that she shot a CLEAN MATCH...and I didn't. ;)

Archived