SASS Wire Forum

Head scratcher for me

Subdeacon Joe

Yup, 76 musket

The one in Crossfire trail is a twin to it. I never noticed the long forend until someone pointed it out to me (on the movie).

Cimarron offers one called the Crossfire or also refered to as the NWMP (North West Mounted Police)

Very cool gun! I've shot one once......been wanting one ever since! <_<

~EE Taft~

Cool piece of history on a very tough woman!

What cha mean...."of sorts !"

She cood not git dos toofers out, she wood just hit da poor feller in a mouth so hard, all his front toofers an a few of da side toofers wood git knocked out !

OK folks, I vote a 76 as well, even before seeing that you all agreed with me.

Besides Crossfire trail, what other movie has a 76 in it? Not a western per se, well, kinda, it does have cowboys, Indians, horses, but it is set in modern times.

OK folks, I vote a 76 as well, even before seeing that you all agreed with me.

Besides Crossfire trail, what other movie has a 76 in it? Not a western per se, well, kinda, it does have cowboys, Indians, horses, but it is set in modern times.

I KNOW.....

I KNOW.......

COWBOYS AN ALIENS !

Nope, or at least that is not the one I was looking for...

DANG IT !

Geez Grizz ya cood at least.............

Wait............I got it !

It is........No , dat one aint got no injuns in it !

"Dancin' wif dim Wolfs ?"

Tea......Dat's it !

That's not the one I was thinking of either, this movie has cars, trucks, horses, Indians, and at least one cowboy.

Ohhhhh.........My head's a hurtin !

Be it dat new show called "Vegas"

Shoer is correct. Do you remember the 76 in that movie?

I thought it was a '73 guess I will have to watch the movie again

I believe it was the sheriff in Last of the Dogmen that used the 76..........I could be wrong though......Been a while.

.......Dang it, now I'm gonna have to go out and find a copy of that!

~EE Taft~

I believe it was the sheriff in Last of the Dogmen that used the 76..........I could be wrong though......Been a while.

.......Dang it, now I'm gonna have to go out and find a copy of that!

~EE Taft~

Taft is right. The sheriff has a 76.

I am going to have to take both of your words for it , I spent 2 hours looking for it this morning in our DVD collection and couldn't find it. Then the wife tells me it is in with the Videos (that are still pack up from when we moved 2 almost 3 years ago)

Hawk, if you have never seen Last of the Dogmen, check it out sometime. I think you'd enjoy it.

Naw.....never did git to see it.......

Too busy serving my country !

Somebody get busy and write a movie script featuring her and Calamity Jane. Hey, I'm bein serious as all get out here. This type of material in the right venue could put Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, and the Kardashians to shame! ;)

Somebody get busy and write a movie script featuring her and Calamity Jane. Hey, I'm bein serious as all get out here. This type of material in the right venue could put Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, and the Kardashians to shame! ;)

Heck, why bring CJ into it? These women each deserve their own movies. Be too much for one.

The really odd thing is that they could make it 100% factual and most people would say it was all fiction.

Heck, why bring CJ into it? These women each deserve their own movies. Be too much for one.

The really odd thing is that they could make it 100% factual and most people would say it was all fiction.

Well, look at all the 100% fictional garbage on tv now that gets referred to as "reality".....it's no wonder people get confused :wacko:

Y'know, Joe's got a good point. They made a movie about Belle Starr years ago, starring Elizabeth Montgomery, but, if I remember, I wasn't too impressed with its credibility.

There were a bunch of tough ol' gals out there that could hold their own, e.g. Calamity Jane, Charley Parkhurst, Pearl Hart, and others. Of course, none of these ladies was the type that you would want to bring home to meet Mother. Still, their stories would make some good movie plots.

Archived