SASS Wire Forum

.38 cal. Uberti Derringer SOLD PF

Long Jim Hancock

I have a RARE .38 special Gregorelli & Uberti Derringer. These were discontinued from importation after the GCA

of 1968. It's a reproduction of the Remington Model 4 (I thot it as a 3 but was toldt there wernt a 3 :wacko: ) over and under. Manufactured in 1961.

This pistol has Blued bbls, with REAL CCH frame,and Ivory polymer grips. ENGRAVED by Kelly Laster along the frame.

Comes with a small leather belt-loop holster, and original wood grips,

MSRP back in the day was $389.00 and you cannot find them anymore.

$550.00 SHIPPED to your FFL Or you if you have a class III C&R

I'm interested in Cap and Ball 51's (or others)for a partial/trade. :FlagAm:

This would look GREAT sticking out of your vest pocket. B)

Derringer

Derringer engraving 1

Derringer engraving 2

Okay, BH... I'll bite. What significance is the month of manufacture???

Regards, TJH

PS Long Jim, that is one neat little gun. Too bad we can't change the "L" to a "T" ;)

No trick question, if it was made before 9-21-1962, it makes it a C&R firearm and eligible for a Type 03 FFL, (collector of curios and relics) to buy it on his license and have it shipped directly to him.

Okay, BH... I'll bite. What significance is the month of manufacture???

Regards, TJH

PS Long Jim, that is one neat little gun. Too bad we can't change the "L" to a "T" ;)

You PROBABLY CAN... heck I saw Kelly do a change on another pistol engraved with the incorrect NAME on it!

....AND I have his number.... ;)

No trick question, if it was made before 9-21-1962, it makes it a C&R firearm and eligible for a Type 03 FFL, (collector of curios and relics) to buy it on his license and have it shipped directly to him.

I've located the code and I was WRONG... but in a GOOD way, it was mfd in 1961..

The date code/SN on it is: SN# 1687 and the code is XVII for 1961.

Nice 1911. :FlagAm: Hmmmmm I'll PM you.....

I don't want to pressure you, but I'm getting several inquiries about the Sharps derringer. I'm holding it back for the moment because it's also a Uberti/Gregorelli, and I'd like to pair it with yours, if you accept the trade.

I don't want to pressure you, but I'm getting several inquiries about the Sharps derringer. I'm holding it back for the moment because it's also a Uberti/Gregorelli, and I'd like to pair it with yours, if you accept the trade.

Sent you a PM amigo.

Sent you a PM amigo.

I tried to answer via PM, but got a message you can't accept any more.

Don't know about a straight trade. Been looking around the net; there's not a lot out there, but I did find one auction where a .38 Gregorelli and Uberti sold for not-quite $300. I'm pretty sure that was 'way low, but I have no idea what it's really worth. How did you come up with the $600 figure?

If you would like a users gun for the collectable I have a Bond Arms in 45colt caliber that I might consider trading. It has pretty much been laying around for years with very little use. Considering that collectables mean nothing to me but your gun does have better costume value, as you mention, while mine has more real user value, I will consider an offer. I do not have any extra barrels but that would be another option open to anyone who has a Bond.

If you would like a users gun for the collectable I have a Bond Arms in 45colt caliber that I might consider trading. It has pretty much been laying around for years with very little use. Considering that collectables mean nothing to me but your gun does have better costume value, as you mention, while mine has more real user value, I will consider an offer. I do not have any extra barrels but that would be another option open to anyone who has a Bond.

This IS a SHOOTER, and collectable. I've shot 4-5 side matches with it. It's a solid gun.

I'd rather have a 45cal. though...since that's the caliber I shoot.

Which Bond version is it Bob? Defender, Cowboy Defender, Ranger etc....?Pics?

It says Cowboy on it, I was the original purchaser but did not know it had a model name?? As you can see I am not a photographer and it is pretty oily due to safe storage. Also bought and never used a S&W pocket pistol that I also recently sold. The Bond is to big and uggerly to be a good costume gun and that is all I would use an attractive derringer for. My limited time for shooting side match will always be devoted to black powder and Wild Bunch games. http://home.comcast.net/~gakracker/site/

BTT Looks like SHB is a little mixed up...maybe posted here by mistake? My Derringer is still available.. :FlagAm:

LJH

Email sent to you through the Wire.

--Doc M

Temp. off the Wire Doc. Sorry for the delay. Let me get you a pic for comparison asap.

Deringer comparison with .38 Cal. Uberti Hartford

Send me an e-mail with info if You're interested, I'm back online. :blush:

longjimhancock@yahoo.com

I found yor first e-mail...first one went to my spam folder.... :wacko:

Archived