SASS Wire Forum

It's FRIDAY!

Eamon Chute

So it might be Wednesday for most of all y'all, but I finish my first week on my new watch at the station, and that makes today (and every Wednesday from now on) my Friday. Don't have to go back until Sunday at 3 pm.

So bottles....put a bottle of Black Bush on the bar and let my friends serve themselves. And if they finish it, bring 'em out another one!

Hmmmm.......maybe I should be thinkin' about pizza for tonight huh?

EC :lol:

Dagnabbit Eamon! After reading your post I've caught myself several times thinking that this is Friday!

Heheheheheheheheh......my work here is done! :P

EC

(still MY Friday however ;) )

Well this is my first Saturday of the week. Tomorrow is my second Saturday, and of course Saturday is....Saturday! Sunday is football day.

At least that's how we look at it in our PD. Then again, we're a little "different" here in the City-by-the-Bay.

ECV....oops, I mean EC :lol:

And here I am in the office, and will be tomorrow as well. But then I'll be off Sat - Tues. It's mom's b-day next week so will maybe take a drive in the mountains with her on Tuesday to enjoy the fall colors.

Well, it IS MID SEPTEMBER. Calendars don't lie. I am wondering how the hardwoods along the bluffs in Southern Illinois look about now. They have some great color there. Reds, yellows and browns. I would love to be in the woods in autumn when I lived there.

Here we get some color, but with all the fir and cedar, it is mostly green all year long. We get some yellow and brown from the alder and cottonwoods, and the landscape plants of maple give a bit of red.

I agree that the drought has some affect on the color and leaves.

Yeah, they're turning early, I've seen pictures both on the news and from a couple of co-workers. Buick and I usually go up the last weekend of September, we're doing it this weekend instead, don't want to risk missing it. We want to check out the new road over Guanella Pass, and I'm getting kinda bored with Kenosha Pass anyway. Where are you going Grizz, do you have any place in mind?

I won a gift certificate for some westerny type store as a door prize. I think it's up the Poudre canyon somewhere, I figure we'll check that out Maybe peak to peak highway and stop in at our cabin near Allenspark. Nothing too grand, just a nice little more than half a day drive.

We went the Peak-to-Peak road one year, nice views but we didn't find a lot of places where it was safe to pull over and look. I like spots where I can get out and both of us can look at the scenery, Buick can't see much if he's concentrating on driving. I really like places you can walk into the trees and not just look at them from a distance. We'll have to try Poudre Canyon sometime, but I think we'll wait a few years on that one..... :unsure:

I need to dig out that gift certificate, I just stuffed it in my shooter packet for Shootout and Pawnee station and threw in on a shelf when I got home from the match. Who knows, we might even drive a ways up into RMNP. I haven't been up there in years.

I'm with ya pard

"Bottles, we'll be needin 3fingers of Dead eye!!!! fer the house ifin ya please.

Put it on J.Mark Flints tab. Oh and I'll take mine in a dirty glass ifin ya would be so kind!!!!!!"

I'm with ya pard

"Bottles, we'll be needin 3fingers of Dead eye!!!! fer the house ifin ya please.

Put it on J.Mark Flints tab. Oh and I'll take mine in a dirty glass ifin ya would be so kind!!!!!!"

I'm with ya pard

Up in the high country the aspens are turning from what I'm told. Still mid 80s here in town, but at least it's cooling down nicely at night. I think the drought is causing the leaves to turn early.

Hmmmm......that's funny.....We have (all the sudden) got cool damp weather here.......Some of the trees are turning and.......some of the shrubs and flowering plantcritters think it's spring!!! We got full bloom on some things! I can't see it going well when winter sets in.......I foresee some trees and plants dying off after this drought. It's kinda strange, but it has happened here before.

~EE Taft~

Ahhh, the infamous double tap!!!

:lol:

Hmmmm......that's funny.....We have (all the sudden) got cool damp weather here.......Some of the trees are turning and.......some of the shrubs and flowering plantcritters think it's spring!!! We got full bloom on some things! I can't see it going well when winter sets in.......I foresee some trees and plants dying off after this drought. It's kinda strange, but it has happened here before.

~EE Taft~

Yup, dry an cool here too EE.

I wood like it to be dry an what dey call here hot............80 ta 90 ish.

Dat's normal fer me !

Da trees are a shidin' der leafs wifout turnin' here cuz fer da lack of water !

Archived