SASS Wire Forum

commercial I hate

Trigger Mike

Captain D's has a commercial where I guy looks like he is talking to his baby and then pans out he is talking to the sea food. The wife walks up holding the baby and diaper bag and says in a condescending voice, "little help, Todd" as she rolls her eyes. He guiltingly says he got the food and immediately helps her. I hate it because it promotes weak men and condescending women. Granted she can ask for help, but it should have gone, "Honey, I am about to drop the baby, can you take her from me please?" in a nice tone, no rolled eyes but appreciative of his help. His reply should then be , "here, let me help you". in a gentlemanly tone and manly strength taking charge. Too many men are letting women run over them. We have 4 and I do help, but my wife does not talk down to me, and I don't talk to sea food either, though.

Just calm down, take a deep breath, go listen to Brad Paisley's "I'm Still a Guy" a few times, then tell yourself no real guy talks to seafood, especially if it starts talking back!

Captain D's has a commercial where I guy looks like he is talking to his baby and then pans out he is talking to the sea food. The wife walks up holding the baby and diaper bag and says in a condescending voice, "little help, Todd" as she rolls her eyes. He guiltingly says he got the food and immediately helps her. I hate it because it promotes weak men and condescending women. Granted she can ask for help, but it should have gone, "Honey, I am about to drop the baby, can you take her from me please?" in a nice tone, no rolled eyes but appreciative of his help. His reply should then be , "here, let me help you". in a gentlemanly tone and manly strength taking charge. Too many men are letting women run over them. We have 4 and I do help, but my wife does not talk down to me, and I don't talk to sea food either, though.

Ya have tree ? !

Gawd Almighty..............aint one nuff ?

I got one an she's all I kin handle ! ! lol

Sadly, it seems that when an advertiser wants to be "funny," the guy in the commercial is always the buffoon. Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and the guy was the smart one and the wife in the commercial turned out to be the doo-dah? We'd never hear the end of it. Everybody from the ACLU to NOW would be screamin' their heads off.

But unfortunately, it looks like the trend is here to stay. We won't be seeing commercials anytime soon with the women burning the hamburgers on the grill or the dumb corporate business woman doing something dumb with her i-phone or the woman plugging the toilet up.

The same holds true with sitcoms. The husband is always the bozo and the witty little wife is the one who always comes up with the sardonic little remarks. Sad but true. :wacko:

Men should be king of his house but is sure can't be a home without a queen.If a man is really happy it is because of a woman.Just my take on that.

Yep.. Name a sitcom that doesn't have a man as the butt of the majority of the jokes. There are a few, but they are few and far between.

More of the (deleted poliical) and hollywood agenda - the woosification of the american male. Remember the "metro sexual" craze?

Our young men growing up, bombarded with this.

A far cry from the message sent by the westerns we grew up with..................

Yep, drives me crazy. All those commercials with kids, even 5 year olds, that have more brains than adults. Proof that kids know so much more than any adult, especially about life. Yep, really drives me crazy.

Yup, the mute button and channel swap button get used a lot at my house.

There is a Subaru ad running now, lady and her daughter go out to some sort of community garden, at the end the lady says "I needed a little helper, that's why I got a Subaru". That one rubs me the wrong way.

Don't overthink this stuff fellas. :lol:

Hit the mute button.

UB,

It ain't the effect on us - I change the channel, and I don't buy the product.

The issue is the constant bombardment of our youngsters with this claptrap - and they may not change the channel.

I've seen this affect with my daughter (and her expectations of men) and only dedicated discussions overcame it (I think...).

Harvey

If all of those guys were such buffoons, how did the wives end up living in such nice homes with their nice cars, swimming pools, chef-quality kitchens and such?

This one makes me want to BARF!!!! I was a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan until this $#%$& bought the team and fired Tom Landry. I ain't got over it yet. Can't STAND this dipstick, and seems I can't turn on the TV without seeing his mug. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry if it makes anybody BARF! :angry: :angry: I may never buy another Papa John's pizza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8cVsd_oi4

JHC

Did I mention I can't stand ©rap either? :angry:

Archived