SASS Wire Forum

looking for some gun leather

Middlefork Bob, SASS #53945

What do you consider a reasonable price? You can expect to pay around $130 for a veg tan leather lined holster from Kirkpatrick or any of large number of quality leathersmiths out there. A good lined belt will run you around $140. Prices are less if you opt for an unlined holster or belt, or if you go with a suede lined holster (I would stay away from these because, IMHO, they accelarate holster wear on the revolver).

Prices also go up if you want extra tooling, carving, or spots. Also remember custom work costs more. If you want a specific design that isn't a regular catalogue item, someone will make it for you, but it may cost more and take longer.

I would look at the rigs of cowboys you compete with and talk to the people whose stuff you like. They can stear you in the right direction. You might find a local maker who can make exactly what you are looking for. There are also many good contacts for leather on the SASS website.

What size are you? I have a right hand strong side rig that has only been worn once as a loaner. I bought it bur the advertised size was wrong. Its way too big for me

Old Slapout Holsters (http://oldslapoutholsters.com/products.html). He's done all of my leather: my rig, shot shell belt, butt stock covers, and lever wraps. His prices are reasonable, his work is excellent, and he'll customize your leather to fit your needs. His holsters start at $75.00, as do his belts. Contact him and find out what he can do for you.

Bob, there is a western leather forum over on the CAS City site and many who can offer some great ideas fer working gun leather. They actually host pictures over there also, so go on over and splain what you want. Ask if anyone can post a picture of what they offer to meet yore needs. A really nice one that I have seen is a pancake design that looks right at home on a working mans single action!

www.hastinsholsters.com 662-287-3604. Jim is a real stand up guy who supports CAS any way he can. Tell him I sent ya.

+1

I would like to get a good leather gun belt for my super blackhawk to carry around the farm and on hunting trips. Who is making good quality leather at reasonable.

Murphy Custom Gunleather, www.customgunleather.com (812-624-2022) I have manny champianships from Murphy leather, Dans the man. Two Sons

Archived