SASS Wire Forum

This just looks so wrong.

Subdeacon Joe

I am still trying to understand and accept the in line black powder rifles for hunting.

Some things just do not make muster on the that is neat category.

IMNSHO :)

But then again, nobody ask for my opinion. :lol:

I am still trying to understand and accept the in line black powder rifles for hunting.

The in-line ignition concept goes back to at least the early 1800s. The problem then was the blowback right into the shooters face. The modern versions, basically a bolt action with a front stuffer barrel, is for the hunters who want to shoot during black powder season,but don't like anything about black powder except that it gives them more time in the field. Same thing, sort of, for the substitutes. People who want to "shoot black powder" but don't like black powder. The only saving thing, in my eyes, about the subs is that they don't have the same storage requirements as black powder.

The in-line ignition concept goes back to at least the early 1800s. The problem then was the blowback right into the shooters face. The modern versions, basically a bolt action with a front stuffer barrel, is for the hunters who want to shoot during black powder season,but don't like anything about black powder except that it gives them more time in the field. Same thing, sort of, for the substitutes. People who want to "shoot black powder" but don't like black powder. The only saving thing, in my eyes, about the subs is that they don't have the same storage requirements as black powder.

I guess I am just a purist when it comes to graceful black powder guns. And yes, I have problems with the substitutes for ignition. But they are your guns, so shoot what you want.

I guess I am just a purist when it comes to graceful black powder guns. And yes, I have problems with the substitutes for ignition. But they are your guns, so shoot what you want.

I'm with you on that. That's kind of why I don't much care for the Scary Black Rifles. No elegance and grace to them.

Needs a big loop lever, a bayonet attachment, and a pistol grip (ala Tommy gun) at the front. Maybe a folding bipod long enough to use the lever, too. Then it would be truly ugly POS.

No, Rod, it is truly ugly now. Your additions would make it spectacularly ugly.

BMC

I saw

a couple of months back. I am sure you will appreciate it, but possibly not agree with it either.

I had to laugh. Our ancestors were making shots like that with their Springfields and Enfields and Sharps. Not often, mind, but still making them. But I bet you don't see that guy making that shot every day either. Long range accuracy with a muzzle loader isn't anything new.

I will never accept them!

Like it that much, do ya? :lol:

I was looking for information about Mossberg's Glock style trigger when I found.....that.

I'm afraid it's put me off my feed. :rolleyes:

Needs a big loop lever, a bayonet attachment, and a pistol grip (ala Tommy gun) at the front. Maybe a folding bipod long enough to use the lever, too. Then it would be truly ugly POS.

AND A LASER! :lol::unsure::lol:

They are selling...so....

It is ugly, and not for me....but I like the adjustable stock so that a variety of family members (like my small wife and daughter) can shoot it.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

In my country we cain't own semi-auto black rifles .... :mellow:

.... this should fill that "hole" here nicely. ^_^

....... but we ain't allowed to use firearms fer selfdefence neither .... <_<

What kind of a nit wit idea is that, and who thunk of it? Maybe a visit with a baseball bat would be in order.

In my country we cain't own semi-auto black rifles .... :mellow:

.... this should fill that "hole" here nicely. ^_^

....... but we ain't allowed to use firearms fer selfdefence neither .... <_<

I was just thinking "Damned ugly but...maybe there's a need for these things in some places".

I WANT ONE ! ! !

Wonder what dim boys wood say ifin' I shoulded up on da forin' line wif one of dim bad boys ! lol

BMC

I saw

a couple of months back. I am sure you will appreciate it, but possibly not agree with it either.

I know folks dat shoot out to a 1000 yards wif some accurate mind you, wif a front stuffer.

And I have hit da target and made it go "CLING" wif a front stuffer at 700 yards ! So der ! lol

Why shoot an ugly gun?

Maybe it is the only one you have?

I think my .30-06 looks a lot nicer.

Can you believe that I sold a Marlin .30-30 Texan with a short barrel. What a dummy I am.

Of course, in my defense it was years ago and I was not very savvy. :unsure: Come to thunk

on it, I still ain't! :blink:

Why shoot an ugly gun?

Maybe it is the only one you have?

Then why in hell did you deliberately go out and buy an ugly gun in the first place? Serves you right if the other guys...the ones with pretty guns...beat you up at recess.

"CHARLIE SHOOTS AN UGLY GUN! CHARLIE SHOOTS AN UGLY GUN! CHARLIE SHOOTS AN UGLY GUN! NANNER NANNER NAAANNER!"

Then why in hell did you deliberately go out and buy an ugly gun in the first place? Serves you right if the other guys...the ones with pretty guns...beat you up at recess.

"CHARLIE SHOOTS AN UGLY GUN! CHARLIE SHOOTS AN UGLY GUN! CHARLIE SHOOTS AN UGLY GUN! NANNER NANNER NAAANNER!"

I forgot what I was going to say. :blink:

Oh yeah, It is what I do, Forty Rod. Besides, Beauty is only surface deep. Ugly goes all the way to the bore.

I told that to a young lady once. Only once. :o

Archived