SASS Wire Forum

Need info.

Hoedown Hal SASS#27657

Got a Bisley hammer for OM Vaquero in 44-40 and was wondering if it will work after re-shape on my Ruger single six? How much rework, etc.. I know it won,t be SASS legal in it's new form but I will be using it as my hunting side arm. Thanks.

HH

The single six hammer is shorter that your "large frame 44-40", theres gonna be a lot of rework to overcome that. Hammers aren't that expensive....you might consider just buying the right size, the Bisley Single Six hammer is what you'd want.

The single six hammer is shorter that your "large frame 44-40", theres gonna be a lot of rework to overcome that. Hammers aren't that expensive....you might consider just buying the right size, the Bisley Single Six hammer is what you'd want.

Hey Fireball,

Thanks so much for the info.. After disassembly and looking at the two hammers and a retro-fit that is what I noticied. Going to take your advise and get the correct hammer. Maybe even go to a SB one. Ya saved me a ton a grief............. :unsure:

HH :FlagAm:

Hey Fireball,

Thanks so much for the info.. After disassembly and looking at the two hammers and a retro-fit that is what I noticied. Going to take your advise and get the correct hammer. Maybe even go to a SB one. Ya saved me a ton a grief............. :unsure:

HH :FlagAm:

good luck

kk

Archived