SASS Wire Forum

ANSCHUTZ 1410 or 1413 22 target Rifle

Connecticut Yankee

Hi pards

I have the pleasure of buying a ANSCHUTZ 22 target rifle bull barrell that was made for the Olympics and it is new in the box i do not know how old it is but the man that offered it to me has had it for about 15 years, it is still not assembled it is just the way it came from West Germany. I am trying to get more info about these guns as most of the books have little or nothing about them. If you can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Conn. Yankee

Hi pards

I have the pleasure of buying a ANSCHUTZ 22 target rifle bull barrell that was made for the Olympics and it is new in the box i do not know how old it is but the man that offered it to me has had it for about 15 years, it is still not assembled it is just the way it came from West Germany. I am trying to get more info about these guns as most of the books have little or nothing about them. If you can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Conn. Yankee

The year of manufacture should be on the left side of the barrel right in front of the action. It is usually the last two digits of the year of manufacture...73 for 1973 for example. The 1400 series dates from the '60's and '70's. The 1413 and 1410 are both for "free rifle" competion. The 1413 has a straight forend and the 1410 has a forearm that is flush with the bottom of the trigger guard for about 7 inches and then angles upward toward the barrel...made to be shot offhand without a palm rest. These are quality guns made for smallbore competion. I've owned and shot both the 1410 and 1413 models. Anschutz has gone through the 1400, 1800, and 1900 series. It is currently manufacturing the 2000 series of smallbore target rifles. What are your specific questions?

Conn. Yankee,

Try :

rimfirecentral.com.

This site has a very informative Anschutz section. I think this will help you with your new Rifle.

You have obtained a fine rifle which will serve you well. I am very happy with mine.

Regards,

Badger

got my 1413D in about 1968. Shot on rifle team in high school and college with it. They are great guns and accurate too. There is no smallbore competition in the area I now live in so it has taken up permanent residence in the back of the safe.

Archived