SASS Wire Forum

Sittin' here with a glass of Glenmorangie

While my wife and her sister decide where things go in MY new kitchen.

Misery loves company. Bottles, set'em up for the house!

eGG

I have a horror story for you then.

I am a contractor. Most of my work is remodeling kitchens and bathrooms. I was contracted to remodel a dining room with alternating light and dark green stripes. I finished painting the room, and the wife loved it. She just had to show it off to her daughter, mother, and girlfriend. Each one of them had something to pick at. I came in the next day to finish up, but she wanted me to add a third smaller stripe to the others. It took me all day to finish, but she loved it. So, her daughter, mother, and girlfriend came in. Next day, the dark stripe wasn't dark enough. Fix it, daughter, mother, girlfriend came in. Next day, the light stripe needed to be a little wider. This went on for a week. I had to have painted that room 6 times. Finally I talked to the husband. Told him that I'm charging for each time I had to repaint that room. He told me "Do whatever you have to. Just keep her happy and off my back." I painted it again and finally they were all happy. I finished the job and gave her the bill. She couldn't understand how painting one small room could cost so much. In the end a little paint job that should have taken a couple of days and about $1000 to do, took a week and a half costing five times as much. Luckily the husband came in settled her down and explained it to her.

Moral of this story: Keep other women out of the decision making process. It gets really expensive!

Dorado

PS: I don't suggest buying a round for the house til all's done and well. Have one on me.

......."Do whatever you have to. Just keep her happy and off my back."

That just about says it all;)

"Do whatever you have to. Just keep her happy and off my back."

Cheap at any price.

And what the @#$% are you moaning about, Cat? You're the one with the glass of Glenmorangie.

Òlamaid deoch-slàinte!

Well.....whicha one is buyin'.........I'll take a bottle of BULLIET !

Bottles, fetch it over here rat now !

While my wife and her sister decide where things go in MY new kitchen.

Misery loves company. Bottles, set'em up for the house!

eGG

YOUR new kitchen?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You must not have been married long! Hope you had the rest of the bottle handy, mebbe and extry or twa for backup. ;) Don't get too loaded go. You may have to go fire up the lawn mower and go up and down the street looking for work to pay for it!

Bueno suerte Amigo!

JHC

YOUR new kitchen?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You must not have been married long! Hope you had the rest of the bottle handy, mebbe and extry or twa for backup. ;) Don't get too loaded go. You may have to go fire up the lawn mower and go up and down the street looking for work to pay for it!

Bueno suerte Amigo!

JHC

The kitchen belongs to the cook, verdad? That would be me. Though I do let her bake bread and pies and cookies and cakes now and then. Don't want to spoil the girl.

eGG

(Only about half a bottle of the Glen' left; better stock up!)

Archived