SASS Wire Forum

Nasty untrue rumor about Slick McClade

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Snakebite, it wasn't a post here on the wire, if was a rumor floating around at the US Open that I wanted to correct. I dint want ANYONE to believe that it was correct!!!

I dunno, Lumpy, iffn it's wrong to stand up for a pard that you're seeing wronged, isn't the right thing, then maybe you've got a point, HOWEVER, i would do it agin in a heartbeat iffn I come across it agin! AND I hope someone would do it for me tuu!

Cheyenne :huh:

Sorry Cheyenne, I miss understood. I know you to be a "Stand up" guy. One who will stand up and be counted. I don't know how many folks would have even heard the rumor out here in my neck of the woods, but at least now if they do, they will know that it's not true. I've heard rumors about folks that range from Cheaters to Wife beaters. The Rumor mill is viscous and does no one any good. The only folks that I know who deserve such treatment are those Lying, Blind, Cheating Spotters who follow me around from match to match! :ph34r:

Snakebite :lol:

Slick...as others have said...is NOT that kinda person.

I've met very few that have the patience that he has...and the good humor...and the utmost respect for his fellow CAS shooters.

Funny how someone can say crap about someone else without any repercussions...

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Its probably a good thing I wasnt at the Open....because if I had heard the person saying those things about Slick, there would have been issues. Ive heard nasty rumors about many of shooters, I will always just blow it off to rumors. I shoot with Slick at least once a month, sometimes more. Ive shot with him at monthly as well as Regionals, Ive seen him have great matches and not so great matches.....I would be glad if I had some of his "not so great matches"...lol. All that said, I am always proud to call Slick my friend, inside and outside of SASS.

There's a reason why Slick gets picked to be a posse Marshall at major tournaments. Knowledge of rules, fun to shoot with, fair, helpful, and always there to help a match run without any hiccups...! He was one of my posse Marshall's at the Texas state championship, and performed an outstanding job as all of the posse Marshall's did.

Wow, this is the first that I have heard of my potty mouth !! Shame on me ;). Sometimes rumors get started for various reasons , some times we know why and some times we don't. This time I'm really not sure? Once we finished our last stage ( which I shot in 14 and some change :) go me !! I gathered every one up told them all that I enjoyed Meeting all the new folks that I had on my posse and for them all to have a safe trip back home. The posse then picked a posse member to give the posse award to, after everyone left the stage let Horribale Hogan shoot my marlin and worked on rifle techniques with him for about 30 minutes or so . I then packed up and headed to turn in our posse scores and I-phone (got a huge from Bella :) ) and said my good byes . Yes I left before the awards but I really needed to get home, (1) I was ready to see my family (2) I teach a Sunday school class to 1&2 graders, (3) I have my own annual match in two weeks and have a ton to get done. Any way , I really feel sorry for the person who stared this rumor and thanks for all the kind words in the above post. Slick

Wow, this is the first that I have heard of my potty mouth !! Shame on me ;). Sometimes rumors get started for various reasons , some times we know why and some times we don't. This time I'm really not sure? Once we finished our last stage ( which I shot in 14 and some change :) go me !! I gathered every one up told them all that I enjoyed Meeting all the new folks that I had on my posse and for them all to have a safe trip back home. The posse then picked a posse member to give the posse award to, after everyone left the stage let Horribale Hogan shoot my marlin and worked on rifle techniques with him for about 30 minutes or so . I then packed up and headed to turn in our posse scores and I-phone (got a huge from Bella :) ) and said my good byes . Yes I left before the awards but I really needed to get home, (1) I was ready to see my family (2) I teach a Sunday school class to 1&2 graders, (3) I have my own annual match in two weeks and have a ton to get done. Any way , I really feel sorry for the person who stared this rumor and thanks for all the kind words in the above post. Slick

I was on the posse with Slick and can vouch for everything he said and if I remember correctly he told us all after the match, "If there is anything I can do to ever help any of you let me know", just before he started working with Horrible Hogan. I'm not sure what anyone claimed to hear but we were parked next to him and all I heard was "thank you" when we left after spending some time talking about his Annual Match. Like others have said, I'd feel lucky to be on Slick's posse anytime. Just for the record that 14 second stage at the Stage Coach was impressive.

Randy

Hey Slick,

did Horrible Hogan like that souped-up Marlin?

He's a good young shooter.

..........Widder

Hey Slick,

did Horrible Hogan like that souped-up Marlin?

He's a good young shooter.

..........Widder

Widder,

I was down at Slick's range several weeks ago and played around with one of them marlins. Wow, I wanted one and wouldn't you know, now i can not find an old cowboy octagon Marlin no where. Hung on to one for years and got rid of it a year or so ago. Sure would like it back. ha

You and Slick have got them Marlin in a mighty fine way.

Slick, glad you made home OK. Hope HellFire is a good one and have no doubt it will be. Linda and I certainly look forward to getting back down, but for now I'm laying the FA 97s down for a while as I am in elk hunt training/practice for a couple of weeks with the big FA revolver.

bb

Billy Boots,

I know some one that has a cowboy marlin in 38/357 for sale. Believe it is Unfired. I can find out if you like.

By the way you can not receive messages.

Painted Filly

I'm taking my Marlin with me and dropping it off to at Slick's range on my way to CAC....gonna shoot with him the Sat before. I can't wait!!

PF,

Yes, sent you a pm......and deleted some of my PMs.

bb

Billy Boots: thanks for the kind words. Slick is doing a great job on those mods.

Krazy: I guess handling those 2 Marlins down in Georgia a couple weeks back has 'flung a cravin on ya'..... :D Now ya gotta have one.

..........Widder

Krazy: I guess handling those 2 Marlins down in Georgia a couple weeks back has 'flung a cravin on ya'..... :D Now ya gotta have one.

..........Widder

Yup....them was smooth running Marlins for sure....figured I'd get my Marlin smoothed up too! Now if'n ole Slick kin find a way to "majik" or "matic" all the misses out of the rifle I'd be in high cotton :)

I wanta know what didn't happen to Slick to make Slick not do this. :)

Kudos to CC for taking the opportunity to kill a nasty rumor that while it might not have been started on the Wire, it started in the presence of about 300 cowboys and cowgirls from across this country and that's a pretty good start for some massive spreading. What's the Wire to me? It's the place I come to stay in contact with my pards, cuss and discuss, agree and argue with 'em. Am I missing something?

Oh yeah, plus 47 gazillion on Slick's a stand-up fellow.

I really am glad to see so many people take up for Slick. He's one of the best people I've met since shooting SASS. One thing I did shoot on his posse and although I was not there the last day I can't comment on what was or was not said. Smokey Shayne's reply is a ditto for me. All of us regular Jackson Hole regulators will go to the grass for Slick because we know him over time and up close n personnal. He would and will never conduct himself in anything other than square and upstanding. Nough said. Pard we got ur back.

I really am glad to see so many people take up for Slick. He's one of the best people I've met since shooting SASS. One thing I did shoot on his posse and although I was not there the last day I can't comment on what was or was not said. Smokey Shayne's reply is a ditto for me. All of us regular Jackson Hole regulators will go to the grass for Slick because we know him over time and up close n personnal. He would and will never conduct himself in anything other than square and upstanding. Nough said. Pard we got ur back.

Oliver, we missed you on the last day I hope everything was ok.

Randy

This schoolground he-said, she-said, finger-point'n crap don't belong here.

Lots of c'it happens at shoots that don't need to go public.

Very bad "form" is all.

This is my last on/in this thread,

LG

I wish it was! You're the one out of line here! All CC is doing is trying to stand up for a good cowboy and you keep adding %^$# to this post.

Rye

Some of Y'all are gona love this.

I talked with Slick this week about this thread. In our conversation, he told me that he couldn't stay for the banquet because he had to get back to Louisiana and get to work on 'Hell Fire'.

I said: 'Slick, do you reckon you mignt have told some folks that they needed to go to 'Hell Fire' and you had to rush back home to work on it'?

He acknowledged that it was possible that he might have mentioned it to some folks in that manner but surely didn't tell anyone to go 'you know where' and leave mad.

He told me he had a great time and even bragged on some of his posse members being a GREAT help.

..........Widder

Some of Y'all are gona love this.

I talked with Slick this week about this thread. In our conversation, he told me that he couldn't stay for the banquet because he had to get back to Louisiana and get to work on 'Hell Fire'.

I said: 'Slick, do you reckon you mignt have told some folks that they needed to go to 'Hell Fire' and you had to rush back home to work on it'?

He acknowledged that it was possible that he might have mentioned it to some folks in that manner but surely didn't tell anyone to go 'you know where' and leave mad.

He told me he had a great time and even bragged on some of his posse members being a GREAT help.

..........Widder

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's so funny. I'd bet all my cadillacs that's exactly what happened....

"HEY, Y'ALL... BE SURE AND GO TO HELL....fire....." :D:o turns into: NEW FLASH/ TOP SASS BW CHAMP TELLS ENTIRE POSSE TO GO TO HELL" :wacko:

Let's go burn an embassy :ph34r:

Btt, for those who might want to see an explanation....however....that doesn't excuse someone from spreading something that wasn't correct....

CC

Maybe the same person who started the rumor was the one thit hit John E. Law's vehicle in the hotel parking lot...hmmmm,,,,least there would only be one scoundrel among those that attended the Open...

Cheyenne

Still no excuse to spread something nasty....;(

Archived