SASS Wire Forum

Nasty untrue rumor about Slick McClade

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

While at the awards ceremony I heard this rumor,,,,"slick told his posse to go to He... and left in a huff!" I happent to be sitting with Darby, who shot on Slick's posse and he said,,,"Why that's a LIE!!!!, Slick even stayed afterward and helped Hogan with tips on his rifle, and offered to help anyone else that needed it."

SO, to who ever started this vile nasty rumor, you need to man up and apologize,,, or maybe you need sum "dancing" lessons!!! :angry:

Cheyenne, digusted at someone, Culpepper :wacko:

But, before yu spread something, make sure of what yu heard first......and the facts....then like mama used to say, "iffn yu taint got nuthin gud tu say something good about someone,,then DONT say nuthun!"

Wouldn't believe that! Don't care who said it. The man has too much class for something like that.

Slick McClade ain't that kinda of a man..

I've shot on his posse before..

and I know you'd never hear of a statement like that from him..

My shootin' partner Lacey (as I read this thread to her) commented..

"That's not true!! He's too much of a gentleman and all around nice guy to ever say something like that.."

Rance <_<

Thinkin'... "We ain't believ'in the rumor" :blink:

Not fer a minute.. :mellow:

I don't think Slick wants anybody to go to 'you know where', much less verbally convey that attitude.

He might want to tell some folks to 'Jump up in the air and holler fish' but I doubt he would say much worse.

Maybe he wished someone well in their travels back to Washington D.C. and the interpretation was misunderstood.

..........Widder

So you brought this to an open & public forum, WHY? :rolleyes:

This should have been handled in private.... ;)

LG

I dunno, L.G.! Seems like the badmouthin' was done in public. Maybe the public support and call for an apology are warranted here.

Seems fair to me!!

So you brought this to an open & public forum, WHY? :rolleyes:

This should have been handled in private.... ;)

LG

WHY DID I DO THIS THREAD?????????? REALLY???????????????

BECAUSE I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT NOOOOOOO ONE BELIEVED WHAT THAY MAY HAVE HEARD, AND DINT KNOW NO BETTER THAN TO BELEEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne

This schoolground he-said, she-said, finger-point'n crap don't belong here.

Lots of c'it happens at shoots that don't need to go public.

Very bad "form" is all.

This is my last on/in this thread,

LG

LG,

Not trying to get on your bad side, but did you read what you just wrote? This is the WIRE. This is exactly where all this kind of crap goes on. Just sayin.

LG,

Not trying to get on your bad side, but did you read what you just wrote? This is the WIRE. This is exactly where all this kind of crap goes on. Just sayin.

"

YUP......When your 'rite'........YOUR 'RITE'...... :lol: :lol:

There's the 'reel' world and then there's da'wire........ ;)

LG

EXTREMELY glad to know that what I had heard isn't true! I'll be the first to say that I consider Slick one of the most stand up guys I've ever met and I'm ashamed to admit that I had even allowed myself to think that he may have done that. Sorry Slick, that will never happen again!

Yes, this is the place to let people know these things. Thanks Kewlpepper!

Makes me wonder what was originally said...

Maybe something like [if I was] Slick McCade [i would have] told his posse to go to hell and then stormed off.

Who knows. Good reminder not to go repeating things without knowing the full real story.

I wasn't at the US OPEN this year. I stayed home so that a buddy of mine from Italy and I could go elk hunting and this year I couldn't afford to do both.

The reason I'm writing is that in the last couple of years, I've been on a posse with Slick McClade on at least 4 major shoots; last being EOT and TX State. It might even be 5, but let me not exagerate. He and I have mixed it up at least once over some rule or call.

It might even pi$$ Slick off to hear me say this about him: There's not a lot of people I'd be proud to go back to back with if and when it ever comes to SHTF. Slick would be on the short list.

That said, I know for a fact that if he meant it he'd sure as he77 tell you which door to use! :lol: :lol: ]

And that's just the way I like 'em. ;):o

I dunno, L.G.! Seems like the badmouthin' was done in public. Maybe the public support and call for an apology are warranted here.

Seems fair to me!!

I didn't see that post here on the wire... where is it? We really don't need anyone doing such to a member. I'm very sad to hear it.

As I said.. I would like to see this for myself.. Please direct me to the post here on the wire.

Thanks

Snakebite

WHY DID I DO THIS THREAD?????????? REALLY???????????????

BECAUSE I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT NOOOOOOO ONE BELIEVED WHAT THAY MAY HAVE HEARD, AND DINT KNOW NO BETTER THAN TO BELEEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne

So, YOU feel the need to YELL, to ans. a question, HUH. <_<

Your a TG, right?? Give yourownself a SOG penalty.

I too, would like to see the link that Snakebite speaks of.

LG

Snakebite, it wasn't a post here on the wire, if was a rumor floating around at the US Open that I wanted to correct. I dint want ANYONE to believe that it was correct!!!

I dunno, Lumpy, iffn it's wrong to stand up for a pard that you're seeing wronged, isn't the right thing, then maybe you've got a point, HOWEVER, i would do it agin in a heartbeat iffn I come across it agin! AND I hope someone would do it for me tuu!

Cheyenne :huh:

Don't know that anyone said anywhere that there is a link to be seen. Just that the rumor was spread at the awards, a public place. Seeing as how everyone has gone home, and that the wire is the most likely place that you'd find folks who were there, it would seem to me that this is the place to clear things up.

EXTREMELY glad to know that what I had heard isn't true! I'll be the first to say that I consider Slick one of the most stand up guys I've ever met and I'm ashamed to admit that I had even allowed myself to think that he may have done that. Sorry Slick, that will never happen again!

Yes, this is the place to let people know these things. Thanks Kewlpepper!

Well stated Titus. Cheyenne, thanks for shining the light in the right direction.

Rowdy

Snakebite, it wasn't a post here on the wire, if was a rumor floating around at the US Open that I wanted to correct. I dint want ANYONE to believe that it was correct!!!

I dunno, Lumpy, iffn it's wrong to stand up for a pard that you're seeing wronged, isn't the right thing, then maybe you've got a point, HOWEVER, i would do it agin in a heartbeat iffn I come across it agin! AND I hope someone would do it for me tuu!

Oh-Sure, the 'tone' of your reply to my question is all MY fault..... :rolleyes:<_<

The way YOU answered my question WAS wrong and out of line, and you dang well know it.....

Your a TG.....Act like one ;)

Carry on,

LG

I'm sorry that some people think it's ok to malign others, rumors can and do destroy peoples good reputation. In that light it is proper to use the wire or any other device to clear one's self of the stink of lies. If it offends you that anyone might find exception to a malignant rumor, move on.

I'm sorry that some people think it's ok to malign others, rumors can and do destroy peoples good reputation. In that light it is proper to use the wire or any other device to clear one's self of the stink of lies. If it offends you that anyone might find exception to a malignant rumor, move on.

+1

If it bothers them so much. Don't see why they keep coming back to it.

When they said they was not going to any more.

Seems we got a good pard sticking up for another.

Don't see what being a TG has to do with it.

AND. If you read the post. It DID clear it up for some that was there and heard it.

Good Job CC.

I can't believe that responible adults would spread stupid rumors like high school kids.

On second though...I guess I can. Sad.

You have done the right thing. Posting this in public will hopefully head it off. Good job!!

Ringer

While at the awards ceremony I heard this rumor,,,,"slick told his posse to go to He... and left in a huff!" I happent to be sitting with Darby, who shot on Slick's posse and he said,,,"Why that's a LIE!!!!, Slick even stayed afterward and helped Hogan with tips on his rifle, and offered to help anyone else that needed it."

SO, to who ever started this vile nasty rumor, you need to man up and apologize,,, or maybe you need sum "dancing" lessons!!! :angry:

Cheyenne, digusted at someone, Culpepper :wacko:

You done right. What ever tha person heard, they heard him WRONG. I've been heard wrong myself. I'd bet money it wern't said by tha ole boy. Iffen your up in arms over what CC posted, well think iffen your dern name wuz hooked to it! There ye go!

RRR

Archived