SASS Wire Forum

Trip down memory lane -- Man vs. Food TV show in OKC

I like to watch the silly Man vs. Food on occasion. I was preparing supper yesterday when the show came on. It was about good eats in Oklahoma City. They started off at Cattlemen's Cafe, with a presidential T-bone. I used to go to Cattlemen's Cafe 50 years ago. Then they switched to El Reno for their famous onion burgers. A bunch of us uesed to ride our motorcycles out to El Reno for those burgers. Then they went to the Steak and Catfish Barn in Edmond to chow down on catfish. I don't remember that place, but it flung a craving on me for catfish and fried okra!:)

They should have gone to Pete's Place at Krebs for Italian food, Ishans in Okarche for chicken, Meers for a burger and cobler, McGehee's for fish,...I've made myself hungery,and here I sit with a ham sandwich. Damn.

Slim

They should have gone to Pete's Place at Krebs for Italian food, Ishans in Okarche for chicken, Meers for a burger and cobler, McGehee's for fish,...I've made myself hungery,and here I sit with a ham sandwich. Damn.

Slim

That's Eischen's Bar in Okarche. You nailed that one for sure. Never been to the others.

Slim

Meers burgers...mmmmmmm. I'm drooling just thinking about it. I've made many a pilgrimage to those tasty steps. Might have to make another one soon. Another good place in OKC is Flat Tire Burger. They've got some great burgers there. Oh, and Cimarron Steak house, great steaks and inexpensive too. Oh, in Chickasha, Ok there's a BBQ joint that is out of this world. But if you go, only order one set of fries for the table. They pile the sides high, I'm not joking about that either. Wish I could remember the name of that place.

Meers burgers...mmmmmmm. I'm drooling just thinking about it. I've made many a pilgrimage to those tasty steps. Might have to make another one soon. Another good place in OKC is Flat Tire Burger. They've got some great burgers there. Oh, and Cimarron Steak house, great steaks and inexpensive too. Oh, in Chickasha, Ok there's a BBQ joint that is out of this world. But if you go, only order one set of fries for the table. They pile the sides high, I'm not joking about that either. Wish I could remember the name of that place.

Are you talking about Roy's or Jake's Rib in Chickasha?

Archived