SASS Wire Forum

Are 22's dangerous for our sport?

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

As GJ pointed out there are NO jacketed 22 LR rounds. Those that look jacketed may not even be so much as plated. I believe most just have a very very thin copper wash applied for cosmetic purposes. Some 22 mags are jacketed but

the mag caliber is not legal except and somebody correct me if I'm wrong for side matches (derringer and pocket pistol)....

Consider yourself corrected.

.22 mag is NOT LEGAL for pocket pistol (minimum caliber is .31)

.22 mag is specifically listed as NOT LEGAL for derringers.

REF: SHB p.16

I am unaware of any particular "bounce back" problems associated with the 22 rf cartridges. A good target which is properly placed should displace the debris from the bullet impact, to ground. I know that does not always happen, and the only explanation that I could offer would be that the bullet hit something that changed the rebound angle away from ground.. such as hitting the rack, a bolt head, a pock mark ..... ????. Something changes the angle of rebound.

Snakebite

Just wanted to state that I am in the 'I don't know' category and never thought about this as I have shot many 22 rounds myself and been around 22 shooters without incident. With my little girl soon to be shootin' I might be over thinking this, but....well....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

When it is your child, it is your job to 'over think' things Brother......

You could always go out and kit her out in .32 cal. guns... think of the shopping fun ;-)

When it is your child, it is your job to 'over think' things Brother......

You could always go out and kit her out in .32 cal. guns... think of the shopping fun ;-)

:lol: true and thanks!....but with the shopping fun I have to think about the shopping 'funds' :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived