SASS Wire Forum

Tasty dinner last night...

Grizzly Dave

I revived a classic from my past last night, Coney in a blanket. Yup, chili cheese dog in a tortilla. Now back in the day I would make the tortillas from scratch, and maybe the chili too, but store bought works about as well.

Dang good eats.

I make GREAT chili (Wick Fowler's)and can make good tasting tortillas (but they're a BIG PITA). Problem with the tortillas is I can't make them anywhere nears round. Some look like Nevada. New Mexico. Texas. Californie. Anything but round. Can't make 'em thin neither. Roll 'em out thin as newspaper and they still wind up 3/8" thick. :blink: But they do taste good. All in all I buy 'em in the store. But you're right, tortilla dogs are mighty tasty!

Here's the easy secret to killer chili!

http://www.amazon.com/Wick-Fowlers-Products-2-Alarm-3-625-Ounce/dp/B000H2998U

JHC

When Mrs. Roonwright is out of town I cook up a big pot of beanie weinies and corn bread. My boys and I call it "gormet grub". We eat until it comes out of our ears, then do a re-enactment of a scene from Blazing Saddles. Sometimes the simple foods are the best!

Gosh, then I won't tell you about the leftover ribs we had.......

I was on my own, and for just me it ain't worth spending a bunch of effort to make something more involved. But dang chili cheese dogs hit the spot.

Kris, next time you have ribs, I'll come over for dinner, no leftovers then!! :D

I make GREAT chili (Wick Fowler's)and can make good tasting tortillas (but they're a BIG PITA). Problem with the tortillas is I can't make them anywhere nears round. Some look like Nevada. New Mexico. Texas. Californie. Anything but round. Can't make 'em thin neither. Roll 'em out thin as newspaper and they still wind up 3/8" thick. :blink: But they do taste good. All in all I buy 'em in the store. But you're right, tortilla dogs are mighty tasty!

Here's the easy secret to killer chili!

http://www.amazon.com/Wick-Fowlers-Products-2-Alarm-3-625-Ounce/dp/B000H2998U

JHC

Buy a tortilla press. Bada bing.

(I can't get em round either) :lol:

I was on my own, and for just me it ain't worth spending a bunch of effort to make something more involved. But dang chili cheese dogs hit the spot.

Kris, next time you have ribs, I'll come over for dinner, no leftovers then!! :D

Sounds like a plan. We even gave half of what I cooked to the neighbors who are having a tough time making ends meet right now. And I still had leftovers.

Archived