SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Quotations

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. " Thomas Edison

"Never try to teach a pig to sing,it wastes your time and annoys the pig"

Between two evils, I always choose the one I never tried before........ Mae West

"People like me are the reason people like you can bitch about people like me."

I said this in the heat of a discussion with a very liberal school teacher who started teaching the same day I did at an elementary school in Brigham City, Utah. I started there nine days after I left Vietnam in 1969. Three days later he started in on me. Less than a week after that he was transferred to another school at his own request.

I liked it so well I've kept and used it ever since. Look below my avatar.

I like this line from The Dark Knight (Batman, if you didn't know)

Lucius Fox: Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands; and your plan, is to *blackmail* this person?

[pause, Reese looks nervous]

Lucius Fox: Good luck.

One of my favorites when asked "Why?"

"A better question is 'Why not?'"

I use this all the time.

Imagination is more important than knowledge...........Albert Einstein

Skin that smokewagon and see what happens...........Wyatt Earp

Saw this old WWII movie where the Germans are advancing on a GI squad. The GIs are giving it all they got and finally it was down to one German and 2 GIs. First GI gets a good shot and the German falls. First GI says "Did I get 'em?" Second one replies "Don't know, KEEP FIRING!" lol

Still can't remember what the movie was. Some low budget thing, but was pretty funny.

another:

Matthew Broderick's character in "The Freshman"...

"There's a kind of freedom in being completely screwed... because you know things can't get any worse."

One I try to ascribe to: "I would know you for who you are on the inside, not how you look on the outside."

Another movie line. Still can't remember the movie. Two guys talking.

1: "Man, why are you smiling? You lost your car, job, and wife; The bank's about to foreclose on your house. What have you got to smile about?"

2: "Well.....Things can't get any worse."

We play the ball where it lies. -Bobby Jones

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. -Yoda

"THE DAY SOLDIERS STOP BRINGING YOU THEIR PROBLEMS IS THE DAY YOU HAVE STOPPED LEADING THEM. THEY HAVE EITHER LOST CONFIDENCE THAT YOU CAN HELP THEM OR CONCLUDED THAT YOU DO NOT CARE. EITHER CASE IS A FAILURE OF LEADERSHIP."

GENERAL COLIN POWELL

"Just remember, son, if you finish second in a gunfight; ya won't be braggin it up!"

Archived