SASS Wire Forum

This is gonna drive me crazy

Grizzly Dave

My lovely wife and daughter got me a new watch for my b-day last month to replace my old one that went belly up. Nothing expensive, just a cheap time piece as I am hard on watches.

Well, the band was too long and I've just lived with it up til now...

Well, I decided it was time to adjust the band, it has those spring loaded pins that hold the band into the clasp or whatever you want to call it...

You know where this is going...

Getting it out, sproing, hit me in the beard and fell to my desk, whew. Gotta be careful.

Get it lined up with new holes, try to slide it in, spriong, hear it bounce off the mini blinds over the window, no clue where it went, possible behind a desk that really can't be moved.

I don't know which is gonna drive me more crazy, not being able to find that pin, or not having a watch on my wrist. OK, not having the watch, but still...

My lovely wife and daughter got me a new watch for my b-day last month to replace my old one that went belly up. Nothing expensive, just a cheap time piece as I am hard on watches.

Well, the band was too long and I've just lived with it up til now...

Well, I decided it was time to adjust the band, it has those spring loaded pins that hold the band into the clasp or whatever you want to call it...

You know where this is going...

Getting it out, sproing, hit me in the beard and fell to my desk, whew. Gotta be careful.

Get it lined up with new holes, try to slide it in, spriong, hear it bounce off the mini blinds over the window, no clue where it went, possible behind a desk that really can't be moved.

I don't know which is gonna drive me more crazy, not being able to find that pin, or not having a watch on my wrist. OK, not having the watch, but still...

See? You are meant to have a pocket watch! Use the end of the strap that still has the pin as the fob and stick the thing in your watch pocket.

All GOOD ADVICE, Grizz. As my Mommy tells me, "SOME PEOPLE DO THAT FOR A LIVING AND ARE MUCH BETTER AT DOING IT THAN YOU ARE."

You just knew that you could count on me for support, didn't you? :)

I would do like Painted Filly and the Marshal sed.

Go to Walmart and have them do it. Now don't you feel better? :)

It is my opinion that paper and plastic bags where made to put items in that needed repair that had springs involved.

1. This would capture the runaway springs.

2. It was handy to carry the item needing repair to someone who knew what they were doing.

Of course they are also used for carrying the item you tried to repair that is in parts to someone who know what they are doing.

:rolleyes:

Never thought I'd see the word "wisdom" used in a positive way in the same sentence as my name.

I guess I still have a few others that will never be used in a positive way...such as physically fit, etc.

:D

That's my plan.

IF your local Wallmart doesn't do it, like the ones we have here, check out this place Fast Fix. I've found most of them to be very good, honest and fast. They are also a lot less expensive than department stores or large chain jewelry stores.

See? You are meant to have a pocket watch! Use the end of the strap that still has the pin as the fob and stick the thing in your watch pocket.

Like it or not Grizz, gotta agree wif Subdeacon Joe...................Yur destined ! lol

Apache (who's ducking been a table) Hawk

CAUTION

A modicum of wisdom has been set loose in the SALOON, by Grizzly Dave.

Whar is dat modicaamin..............er....................madoin............uh.........(HICK)..............moduim....................critter !

I'LL FILL IT PLUM FULL OF HOLES !

If you are not going to use that little plastic bag, can I have the ham sammish that is in it?

(CHOMP......CHOMP......)

What sammish is it yur referin' to, Badger ? (CHOMP....)

Sorry but I cant help you much with that. I havent carried or worn a watch in over 5 years. The day they closed the GM plant I worked at, I took off my watch and havent put one back on yet.

I take that back....I will carry one of my Dads pocket watches on very special occasions...gives me the feeling of a part of him being here with us

Archived