SASS Wire Forum

Will Clint Eastwood speak at the RNC tonight?

Widder, SASS #59054

Fox News reported this morning that it 'appears' that Clint Eastwood would speak at the Rep.Natl.Conv. tonight.

No, this post ain't meant to be political although it will be conceived as such.

BUT, I watch BOTH conventions and try to hear their speakers, espcially those who I've supported over the years with my movie money.

Should be interesting, if true!

..........Widder

I have this post at the saloon,

" Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"

Wonder if he'll use that line?? :) Rye

Holy Crap. I just typed a long post that upon review was pretty political. And it would have p****d off a bunch of people.

That was close!

All I'll say is... thank goodness for BluRay. :lol:

Coolest thing about Clint is that he has been around long enough, and is powerful enough, that it doesn't matter what anybody thinks about what he decides to do...

With all due respect, we are not electing Clint Eastwood in this election cycle

But I do not see anything wrong with Clint Eastwood standing OUT, of the Hollyweird crowd and doing this

On August 3, Clint Eastwood came out in support of Mitt Romney when he made an appearance at an Idaho fundraiser for the presumptive GOP nominee.

The Oscar-winning director said he is supporting Romney this November "because I think the country needs a boost somewhere."

While Eastwood also endorsed Republican in 2008, lending his support to Sen. John McCain in his bid for the White House and even campaigning for him, his position the 2012 race hasn't always been clear. After a cameo in a Super Bowl ad about the revival of the auto industry this February, where he uttered the instantly famous line, "It's halftime, America," Eastwood was forced to clarify that he was not in fact supporting Obama's re-election campaign.

Holy Crap. I just typed a long post that upon review was pretty political. And it would have p****d off a bunch of people.

That was close!

All I'll say is... thank goodness for BluRay. :lol:

You liberal! :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Clint is not a friend of the gun owner.

Please research his past and you will see.

LG

He not an enemy neither

....and he's not on this list.

http://gunowners.org/fs0302.htm

interesting:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=1305.0;wap2

Guest Texas Jack Black

Clint rides the fence, Gives to Dems and Republicans ,Donates to anti gun causes and pro gun causes. :blink: His appearance will have no impact, Most young people will see and old man and wonder who he is.

Clint rides the fence, Gives to Dems and Republicans ,Donates to anti gun causes and pro gun causes. :blink: His appearance will have no impact, Most young people will see and old man and wonder who he is.

says you...as usual.

Not sure about that last part, TJB....

Young folks in my family know him from Ford Torino, and like him.....

LL

Howdy,

There are a good number of Clint movies on Netflix.

Id guess young folks might have seen a number of these.

Imdb will fill them in if they care to look.

Best

CR

Never seen Clint ride a fence.

I seen him ride a horse and in a car.....but never a fence.

..........Widder

Most young people will see and old man and wonder who he is.

Of course, that could be said about alot of people, including you. At least he doesn't hide behind a keyboard about issues he cares about. He actually gets out to a "match" every once and a while.

CS

Guest Texas Jack Black

Of course, that could be said about alot of people, including you. At least he doesn't hide behind a keyboard about issues he cares about. He actually gets out to a "match" every once and a while.

CS

Let me check NOPE I am right out in front of my keyboard. I do not flip flop or guild over the truth .I like Eastwood as an Actor but his politics flip flop with the wind. :o

Now play nice ,and NO personnel attacks ;)

Mr. Eastwood made a soft spoken comment about he and his family were Libertarian on a recent show about the Eastwoods. Seems like that's more like his style and may seem like flip/flopping, but he can certainly make up his own mind about politics and more power to him.

Libertarian may refer to:

A proponent of libertarianism, a political philosophy that upholds individual liberty, especially freedom of expression and action

wow

Won’t the fact that Mr Eastwood is more of an independent

Wont that fact, help lead other independents into thinking long and hard with regards to nov 6 voteing.

Can’t we think outside of ourselves, and agree that, the mere fact of a fellow like Mr Eastwood will help our cause in the long run, providing they can sway a few more very important votes towards a candidate, better suited towards the 2nd amendment etc.

I read where the planned surprise speaker was going to be Ronald Reagan.

Unfortunately, they couldn't get all the bugs worked out before the convention to get the holographic projector to work properly.

Now that would have been cool.

Missed the speech but the CBS libs are describing it as sad and weird disaster, what happened?

Well, I watched his speech and I thought he did well, so did the delegates, they were on their feet and laughing so hard it hurt and clapping so hard he was drowned out many times.

What was sad was to see that Clint has gotten as old as most of us.

I'm just glad to see someone from Hollywood with enough backbone to speak his mind. Like it or not your political views in Hollywood can cost you your career or at least some opportunities.........just ask Lee Ermy. He was fired by a damn lizard!

Archived