SASS Wire Forum

SASS / CAS

Madd Mike #8595

And, as you well know, you did not HAVE to buy that! Only required in CC and B-W. Mike, I agree with Allie, the costuming requirement is so minimal, that it doesn't make sense to relax that. Next, we'll have folks showin' up in hawaiian shirts and bermuda shorts... oh, wait... saw that already... pass the SUNGLASSES, please! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oops sorry! You are right. However, sunburned heads are not "our friends." :rolleyes:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have learned a lot reading this thread.

I joined SASS in DEC of 2011, shot my first match in MAR 2012. I converted other hobby things into my guns and rig, knowing that what I start with is what I can afford. Wouldn't change that experience for the World... it was a ton of fun doing the research, trying out stuff, and making some informed decisions, all under the guidance of some vets from a Local Club. These people, to me, are SASS. They are out there every day doing the heavy lifting to put on monthly matches, mentor new shooters, and share their passion with others.

All of these people are older than me, some could be my dad (from an age standpoint). That doesn't stop us from having a good time together, and me learning from them.

This is how one 48yr old IDPA and 3-gun shooter was converted from a run and gun to an ambling cowpoke that is still trying to break the 40 sec mark.

The Local Clubs, to me, are the key to growing SASS. The good ones will thrive, "the be it as it may", will eventually go away as their membership ages, and no one is there to continue their legacy.

One last thought: I shot at the Michigan State Championship this weekend as was pleasantly surprised by the number of 30 and under competitors. Show that there is growth out there. I would suggest find one of the clubs that is seeing growth and ask them what they are doing.. then copy the parts that work for your club.

All of these people are older than me, some could be my dad (from an age standpoint). That doesn't stop us from having a good time together, and me learning from them.

This is how one 48yr old IDPA and 3-gun shooter was converted from a run and gun to an ambling cowpoke that is still trying to break the 40 sec mark.

The Local Clubs, to me, are the key to growing SASS. The good ones will thrive, "the be it as it may", will eventually go away as their membership ages, and no one is there to continue their legacy.

One last thought: I shot at the Michigan State Championship this weekend as was pleasantly surprised by the number of 30 and under competitors. Show that there is growth out there. I would suggest find one of the clubs that is seeing growth and ask them what they are doing.. then copy the parts that work for your club.

You've said a lot, local clubs have more to do with keeping CAS, and growth, then does SASS. Sure, SASS can advertise, get new members young and old. But its the local clubs these new shooters come to that will tell were and how far CAS, and SASS will grow, and be viable. We can't be putting all weight on the shoulders of WB, local clubs also have a responsibilty.

From what I read so far, there are some good clubs out there, but there are also shooters that won't cross the street to another club and see what else is offered and available. Same shooters going to same clubs, month after month with complaints. Maybe not a change in games, but maybe a change in another range will do wonders.

Great Post, MT

Earlier posts suggested getting more support from the NRA. Here is my suggestion every time you get mail from the NRA send it back asking them to support US the SASS. Just about every week they ask me to support them, with a sharpie I add my note about SASS and send it back postage free. If all our members did that they would notice.

Hell, have seen a third grader that overdosed on Zanax that could write better sentences that made more sense. Not to mention the spelling.

There is a difference in developing a personna and displaying stupidity.

Ah cain't hep it if I dint git pass the 2nd grade. Ah cain't hep it dat ah gots a slow brain. Ah jes hope sumday to be as smart as U. U R az funny as a frog standin' on one leg tryin' to lick his arse!

Mah Pappy sez we should be holdin' to yore great ability ....to look down your nose at folks when it's stuck so far up in the air!

Madd Mike is a super cowboy that has a heart as big as all outdoors and deserves a big "attaboy" for the efforts he puts into furthering the betterment of SASS & CAS.

A true Cowboy of honor and stature would seek his forgiveness by way of a sincere apology.

What say you Jacknife?

Archived