SASS Wire Forum

SASS / CAS

Madd Mike #8595

Rather than get hung up on grammar and spelling (which are pet peeves of mine, but I understand Mike's style and am able to understand his posts) I'll just say that organizations that are unable or unwilling to evolve will eventually run out of members. I'm reminded of the old Koreshan settlement in Florida. They did not believe in procreation. None of them are left today. ;)

As the older shooters and administrators age and fade away, the membership must be replenished. But the generational differences will be a barrier unless some way is found to atract the younger shooters. We geezers who grew up on tv westerns are fading away. The question is "How do we make this sport interesting enough to appeal to new shooters?" Is something like a steering committee needed, whose purpose would be to examine new procedures, rules and marketing? I don't know. Maybe.

THose are shoes that someone in my age group or younger might want to try on.....They would certainly be roomy at first but with guidance from the WB and a learning curve fitted to a younger generation I think it could be done. I've been in sales and marketing for a retail business for years and (I know I'm dreaming here) I would jump at the chance to be a part of the SASS wheels turning into the future. I don't see needs for more rules and categories but maybe just a blend from classic 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s westerns to a more modern western feel so as to keep younger folks interested........BEFORE Y'ALL FLAME ME FOR THAT.....let me say, we must never forget the silver screen heros that brought us here........I'm only 32 but I use to ride along with Roy and Gene in my kiddo years. I have also evolved with the times where some might have more fond memories of the past than the present........in terms of modern sales and marketing tactics that is. Every one of us sells a membership at one point or another. Everytime you talk a friend into shooting you are selling. Just broaden that aproach to some wider audiences. Put a few fresh young faces in the mix that really have a purpose geared toward sales and promotion of the sport..........but, what do I know. :lol:

In short, I think UB is on the right track here........maybe not me.... :blush: but the younger whole of the membership of SASS could be a point to pick from to keep the flame burnin'......And I DO think it should keep burnin'!........ ;)

Almost afraid to sign my name to this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~EE (gulp! :blink: ) Taft~

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point on NRA backing. I think the NRA should wake up and read the many articles in local newspapers and watch the tv coverage on SASS shoots.

SASS is the honey that draws more flies than vinegar. The local coverage of SASS events is universally postive. Reporters who are maybe fence sitters or anti gun types get giddy when given a cowboy hat and sixguns. I've seen it time and time again. Cowboy shooters are not viewed as loonie gun toting threats and as such are the perfect ambassadors for the shooting community. Get with it NRA. More cowboy shooters = more positive press on guns!

Have to agree with ya on this one too!

;)

THose are shoes that someone in my age group or younger might want to try on.....They would certainly be roomy at first but with guidance from the WB and a learning curve fitted to a younger generation I think it could be done. I've been in sales and marketing for a retail business for years and (I know I'm dreaming here) I would jump at the chance to be a part of the SASS wheels turning into the future. I don't see needs for more rules and categories but maybe just a blend from classic 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s westerns to a more modern western feel so as to keep younger folks interested........BEFORE Y'ALL FLAME ME FOR THAT.....let me say, we must never forget the silver screen heros that brought us here........I'm only 32 but I use to ride along with Roy and Gene in my kiddo years. I have also evolved with the times where some might have more fond memories of the past than the present........in terms of modern sales and marketing tactics that is. Every one of us sells a membership at one point or another. Everytime you talk a friend into shooting you are selling. Just broaden that aproach to some wider audiences. Put a few fresh young faces in the mix that really have a purpose geared toward sales and promotion of the sport..........but, what do I know. :lol:

In short, I think UB is on the right track here........maybe not me.... :blush: but the younger whole of the membership of SASS could be a point to pick from to keep the flame burnin'......And I DO think it should keep burnin'!........ ;)

Almost afraid to sign my name to this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~EE (gulp! :blink: ) Taft~

Fellers in your age group are our best ammunition. Geezers like me are not going to recruit guys from your generation.

Unless mebbe they figure out how easy it is to beat me. ;)

I do not see any problem with my suggestion at all. and that is all it was, a suggestion. Lead Ringer, does this mean that you think elected officials should be allowed to hold the same office for more than two consecutive terms? The same principle applies. I never said once they win they are done. I can clearly see that I should stay over in the saloon with the other people who know that not everything in life is serious.. it is much better to not talk about anything serious than to be jumped on for posting something contrary to someone else's viewpoint.

Well,......I'll tell ya one trick that I've used more than once.

I tell my friends..."Well, ya shoot that Glock mighty fast....I'd like to see ya do that with my SAA."

I've drawn in more than a few young'uns that way. Of course there was more to the story that involved bets and wagers on if they couldn't do it they had to come to a match in full cowboy dress and shoot a match. :lol:

I don't think the fast shootin'/compitition stuff is all that bad. Had a few youngsters come because they though it or I was interesting and they stayed in once they saw guns blazing! The one thing (sadly) that most younger guys and gals can't relate to is the 30s 40s 50s 60s type look......they were raised on young guns and tombstone.....and other such things that they see as more historically correct, then they mix it with speed. I know the big draw for me was history and then I mixed in a half historical/half competitive style of shoot and I have a blast! Earlier point in case........I think (but not quite sure without looking) that Tombstone came out in 1993.......(I know, this is a slap in the face!) I was only 13!!!!!! These things appealed to me as well, but strangely enough I was already a fan of Roy and Gene, John Wayne, and Clint Eastwood. I'm probably an exception from my generation.

My boys are chompin' at the bit to get started......gotta come up with the guns....now their cousins (Lil' Gals in their teenage years) have taken a shine to it after shootin' uncle EE's '73 last week.

We all know what appeals to the next generation in line........we just get a bit scared of it (what appeals to them) every now and again. :rolleyes:

UB, I will happily do all I can to promote this sport.......after all, wouldn't be fair for y'all to have all the fun, would it?!?! :lol:

~EE Taft~

I would like to see some rule barring the winners in a category at national matches from winning the next year also. Just something to keep the winners circle rotating... I understand that these shooters are way better than I will ever be and I will never be in that winners circle no matter what the rules ha, so this is not exactly a personal gripe. Just something I have observed.

You are kidding right. That would be like Golf saying no repeat tourney winners. Like baseball saying a club could not win the world championship two years in a row, etc. No more than a single gold medal in the Olympics. Why not just give every participant a buckle and not keep score?

Getting back to the topic: IT"S ABOUT THE WEST! We need to stop talkin' about shortstroke kits and guncarts and special hoslters with the pretty red shells all lined up in twosies and talk more about the history, the movies, the novels, the TV shows and everything that makes the cowboy of the Great American West one of the greatest icons in the history of the world. Folks do not want to join to learn how to win at being a CAS stage shooter, they want to come in and have a great excuse to be a cowboy and shoot the coolest guns ever. SASS is at its best when its all about the cowboy way. :FlagAm:

What do you mean quit talking about short stroke kits, gun carts, special holsters? They are part of our sport and rules. You may not have joined for the competition, but others have, in fact, probably the majority have. That is why we use a timer when we shoot. What you are really suggesting is why not just quit timing folks and have a good old boys blinking gathering plying dressup of the Victorian era and having philosophical discussions on movies of the old west.

To extend on my couple of posts I must say........race ready guns and fast leather do appeal to younger shooters! Maybe not all, but a good lot of 'em. An open atmosphere of "Play the game the way you want" while adhereing to the rules is a great promoter! I see a lot of new blood looking (as mentioned before) at more period dress mixed with fast leather and faster guns. Pretty much what we have had for some time. Just apply some of our younger minds to promotion to the next generation of shooters.

:unsure:

~EE Taft~

Gold Canyon Kid, those examples are not even close to being relevant. Those athletes make millions upon millions of dollars to do what they do for the pure entertainment of others (and the team owners pocketbook). And when they retire, other than the lucky few who were blessed with a solid head on their shoulders, they are broke and penniless. I, on the other hand, play the game myself. I do not get paid, in fact, I burn up vacation time, personal time, and lots and lots of money, while still paying off a mortgage and vehicle loan. Why? Because I enjoy it. I like wearing the real deal clothes from an era long gone but not forgotten. I like hanging out with the good ol boys who know they aren't fast, and others who make me look like molasses. If it was REALLY about the old west, and not just a glimpse, there would be no short stroke kits, nothing other than a lighter or clipped spring and a good polish.

Honestly though, I don't think further limiting equipment or limiting winners would have any effect at all. Those who think they stand to win will always flock to where the competition is regardless of the limitations. And that is fine. It just means that if someone who is not that competitive or good wants to go to a big shoot anyway to take in the atmosphere, then they are going to see a really good show.

I do not see any problem with my suggestion at all. and that is all it was, a suggestion. Lead Ringer, does this mean that you think elected officials should be allowed to hold the same office for more than two consecutive terms? The same principle applies. I never said once they win they are done. I can clearly see that I should stay over in the saloon with the other people who know that not everything in life is serious.. it is much better to not talk about anything serious than to be jumped on for posting something contrary to someone else's viewpoint.

Sooooo...ELECTED officials...are comparable to those folks that earned a title?????

Seriously...you can't be serious?!

Your viewpoint is valid...opinions are welcome. But I for one wouldn't want to win a World, National...or any other title knowing that the current Champ is barred from competing!

THAT AIN'T COMPETITION...THAT'S FIGURE SKATING!

OY!!!

:wacko:

Gold Canyon Kid, those examples are not even close to being relevant. Those athletes make millions upon millions of dollars to do what they do for the pure entertainment of others (and the team owners pocketbook). And when they retire, other than the lucky few who were blessed with a solid head on their shoulders, they are broke and penniless. I, on the other hand, play the game myself. I do not get paid, in fact, I burn up vacation time, personal time, and lots and lots of money, while still paying off a mortgage and vehicle loan. Why? Because I enjoy it. I like wearing the real deal clothes from an era long gone but not forgotten. I like hanging out with the good ol boys who know they aren't fast, and others who make me look like molasses. If it was REALLY about the old west, and not just a glimpse, there would be no short stroke kits, nothing other than a lighter or clipped spring and a good polish.

The folks that wanted very few gun mods lost that discussion several years ago by a very large vote, something like 80 percent.

I see new shooters and interested wannabes every month, right up to the part where they go to look at equipment. Now don't all jump on me at the same time but like everything today it takes quite a bit of money to be part of our sport, especially if your just starting. Someone mentioned early in thread that they went to buy a Rossi till they saw on the wire it's not a competitor, I know that that is not necessarily true but the new guy believes what he reads here. I went for reloading supplies today and dropped 150.00 on powder, primers and some lead shot to get through the rest of this season, that doesn't include lead and other size primers needed that I will use. I am sure that this will incite some one but anything that has to do with cowboy is getting top dollar, new or used. Supply and demand is one thing but, is a new 73 really worth 12 or 13 hundred before it comes out of box, let's not even mention the " better" parts and work your going to have put into it. I have spent my money on all of these things but have noticed a lot of prices rising exponentially in the last few years, and that new 30 something is going to be really challenged to join our family. I like the idea someone put forth of allowing a newbie category at monthly shoots allowing them to use 22s under a non competing category for the first few months.

Swan

I see new shooters and interested wannabes every month, right up to the part where they go to look at equipment. Now don't all jump on me at the same time but like everything today it takes quite a bit of money to be part of our sport, especially if your just starting. Someone mentioned early in thread that they went to buy a Rossi till they saw on the wire it's not a competitor, I know that that is not necessarily true but the new guy believes what he reads here. I went for reloading supplies today and dropped 150.00 on powder, primers and some lead shot to get through the rest of this season, that doesn't include lead and other size primers needed that I will use. I am sure that this will incite some one but anything that has to do with cowboy is getting top dollar, new or used. Supply and demand is one thing but, is a new 73 really worth 12 or 13 hundred before it comes out of box, let's not even mention the " better" parts and work your going to have put into it. I have spent my money on all of these things but have noticed a lot of prices rising exponentially in the last few years, and that new 30 something is going to be really challenged to join our family. I like the idea someone put forth of allowing a newbie category at monthly shoots allowing them to use 22s under a non competing category for the first few months.

Swan

+1 Especially the newbie category.

Our club has gone a step further and added a WIW22A (Wish I was 22 Again) category for adults, not just newbies. While it is attractive for newbies, It limits expense for monthlies for all while still giving competition practice and satisfaction.

I would not support it as an above the monthly level class, but it has eased the transition for newbies and the $$ burden for the rest of us in this economy. Maybe only 20% of our shooters do it on any of our two monthly shoots, but it is always a fall back option when dollars are tight.

I have younger folks coming into my shop and dropping LOTS of dollars on guns...I see younger folks dropping lots of dollars skiing...golfing...motorcycles...gawd the list goes on.

Just like everything else in life, ya got choices. We may want everyone to afford playing the game, but that doesn't mean we make allowances so that everyone can.

So really...stop with the can't afford the game stuff...really.

:FlagAm:

I have younger folks coming into my shop and dropping LOTS of dollars on guns...I see younger folks dropping lots of dollars skiing...golfing...motorcycles...gawd the list goes on.

Just like everything else in life, ya got choices. We may want everyone to afford playing the game, but that doesn't mean we make allowances so that everyone can.

So really...stop with the can't afford the game stuff...really.

gosh

I agree with :ph34r: phantom :ph34r: once again

many folks sell off one hobby, to help finace the start of another

or

they build up slowy

Mike

You put forth the question.....how do we promote......new shooter........next 30 years. I am also in business and there is a phrase we use " pricing ourselves out of the market"

I did not join this thread to bitch about money, my point is we need to find a few fresh ideas to make this more inviting while they build their gear. And I agree with you on the overall category growth

I think folks are putting to much weight on costs...that the way to bring in more people is to lower entry costs.

That's one thought...

I happen to believe that proper marketing and promotion will be more productive.

I think folks are putting to much weight on costs...that the way to bring in more people is to lower entry costs.

That's one thought...

I happen to believe that proper marketing and promotion will be more productive.

Exactly.

EVERY game costs money to play.

When I wrestled, you had to make choices about whether you wore $ Pumas or $$ Nikes (and yes, there was a difference).

When I drag raced - The check book determined whether I ran recapped rubber or Mickey Thompson street slicks.

And in cowboy - $ will decide what equipment/ mods and action jobs you might have.

But the thing all three of the above have in common (and most every other game as well) - is if the desire is there...

If you have a passion...

If it is something you love...

Then,

You will wrestle in off brand shoes. You will skip lunches, movies and gift giving to buy "good enough" rubber for the quarter mile.

And you will shoot whatever equipment you afford, so that on Saturday or Sunday morning - you can go out to the range and play cowboy.

I don't want to play cowboy with shooters that are there simply because we made it a cheaper shooting game - I want to play with shooters that love the game as much as I do.

You get that shooter by marketing and exposing them to our wonderful game - not by making it low cost.

On the NRA backing SASS issue, I wonder if it has to do with the .org nature of NRA and the .com nature of SASS.

As for the number of categories, the more folks that get a medal, plaque, trophy, belt etc, the happier they will be.

I doubt that there would be 600 plus shooters competing for a single plaque.

This is an entertainment business, it is not a real sport. Note the .com.

The rules, rule book etc are governed by money.

Not by need to correct errors, make rules easier to understand etc.

As for the future leaders of SASS, the WB is getting progressively older.

The demographics of SASS customers is getting older also.

These two trends do not bide well for the future of the business.

Not as many younger types as would be really necessary for this to be a long lasting business.

I wonder if the lack of younger shooters is related to the preponderance of older shooters at many venues and the lack of peer aged shooters.

My family has been shooting cowboy for less than two years but love it very much. Jessica, SASS Kicker has shot less than one year. It was the Yavapai Rangers who developed our interest. Club members let us shoot their firearms and have encouraged us. We also shoot with the many clubs around us. They all make us feel special. Everyone is encouraged whether you shoot clean, slow, you’re dressed appropriately or you exhibit the Cowboy Way. There are many reasons to shoot SASS and all should be respected. Jessica just gave up high school cross country which she competed in for the last four years. She will however compete in basketball which may interfere with Winter Range. It is the people of SASS that my kids truly enjoy. I do not let them on the wire because of the constant attacks a few individuals make. During the buckaroo controversy, prior to Winter Range, even a few young responders’ statements were attacked. I read the SASS Wire to learn, share and develop friendships. The controversy will assist the sport in the challenges ahead, but the personal attacks will keep those who want to assist from participating in the discussions. If you want to hear from the younger crowd, you may have to listen to what they have to say. Most of them come to shoot regardless of the rules you give them, and they shoot well. I have to agree with earlier statements that there are no weak categories at the World Championships of SASS. There may have had a few with low numbers, but the quality was there. It only takes a couple champions against each other to make a great category. Those around AZ can watch Cody James and SASS Kicker at 4:00 on Channel 12 if it doesn't get kicked off by something else. You have to work hard to get press. Thanks to the new range and club in Flagstaff we were able to get them on camera.

Say all you want about no .22s, but even the evil black rifle crowd have the S&W MP 15-22 and others. Most of my friends in my age group shoot AR-15s and the like and most of them started by buying a .22. Especially with how cheap you can buy a Henry .22 lever action.

Also, back to a point I made earlier, having an age class for everyone except the 17-35, if nothing else, gives the perception that there are so few of those shooters that it wasn't worth it.

Why do people keep saying westerns are dead? Because they aren't on TV as much as they were in the 50s? Believe it or not, westerns were cheaper to make, then detective, or mystery shows. When movies turned talkies,(silent westerns were prolific, so many made, Bronco Billy made over 300 himself, of which only a handful survive today), westerns were also at a minimum, because of problems of were to put microphones, and picking up wind sound. For almost 4 years, very few westerns were made. Yet they were still favorites when shown, same as today. When Hollywood makes a western, the crowd comes. Same for books. Westerns still sell. Families still go to Tombstone, the Alamo, and other Historical sites of the Old West.

We need to advertise our game, yes. But what can we do to make our game more exciting, besides dressing cowboy and shooting cowboy firearms? Personally, I would, thought I don't think it will ever happen is movement within safety, of loaded firearms, (chasing the badguy down).

I know the old days of CAS are gone, with some of the way it was shot, and many times reading here, the CAS has aged, yet we want to get new, younger shooters who are more agile then we are, me included. So how do we bring more excitement to a stage or scenario from many of the "stand and deliver" stages? MT

Approximate average of todays CAS shooter is 60YO. Hard to attract 'young' (20-40age)when all they see is folks that are 20-40years their senior. Would you feel attracted to a sport where the average age was 20-40 years older than you? For example, if you are 60YO now and are competing/socializing with the vast majority of people 80-100years old, how would you feel about it? Sad but there is some truth there.

As well, there is only a few short minutes of actual shooting for each person over the course of day(s) event. The rest is socializing.

That's one thought...

+1

Proper promotion.

When done in the proper way. This is what will work.

I have talked some that shoot other shooting sports. And they would not try SASS

becasue they thought it was just a joke.

As most shows only show the dress and some of the goofy stuff.

They never show the real talant of some of our shooters. Now yes the dress and stuff are part of the game.

But we also need to show that this is also a real shooting competition.

When I showed them some youtube videos of some of our shooters. They was shocked that we really did know

how to shoot. And a few have given it a try.

I strongly believe that the largest barrier for new membership is the initial equipment cost. For most people, getting started in CAS involves purchasing four guns (most younger gun owners do not already own cowboy guns), a gun rig and shotgun belt, gun cart, etc. These people probably already have what they need (minus a holster and some mag pouches) to get started in IDPA, Steel Challenge, etc. Even if someone is starting from scratch, the cost differential between geting started in CAS vs other shooting sports is huge.

Wanna get startd in Steel Challenge on a budget? Buy a Ruger 22/45 and a brick of ammo. Total cost = $300.

Wanna get started in IDPA on a budget? Buy a used Glock, extra magazines, a holster, and some mag pouches. Total cost = $500.

Wanna get started in CAS on a budget? Plan to buy a Rossi, Stoeger, and a couple of Rugers, gun rig, and shotgun belt. Total cost = $2,200. Re-plan equipment requirements after listening to the suggestions of well-meaning folks on the wire. Total cost = $3,400.

Let's face it- the economy stinks. Most young people do not have the expendable income to drop $3,400 to try something out. Yes, I know that boats and race cars are also expensive hobbies; but the people that are buying these are not in the same demographic that we are trying to attract.

I don't know what the answer is to this barrier. Would a rimfire category for adults help? Maybe. You can purchase rimfire equivalent equipment cheaper than centerfire, and the ammo cost is certainly less. You still have to buy four guns though, so the initial cost is still high, so I don't really think that this is the answer. I would have no problem with a rimfire adult category at local matches though. It couldn't hurt anything.

Wow!! I love all the suggestions, ideas, and musings regarding SASS, CAS, and shooting sports. I have a few comments ... no preaching .... just comments.

The Judge and I have worked for years with the NRA to get them involved. They finally decided to open the Museum on the Ranch this last year, so that is a step in the right direction. Also, can you imagine all the other shooting disciplines that ask for the NRA's support? It's a big group and the NRA are pulled in many directions.

SASS attends and has a booth at NSSF, Shot Show, and NRA Convention.

There is a steering committe already set up and it's doing a good job.

SASS does advertize in National Gun Magazines ... maybe the ad is too small to be noticed. The suggestion will be taken under advisement.

Regarding consistent enforcement of the rules .... ALL of us are Range Masters and the guardians of our sport. It is up to us to say something when rules are not being enforced consistently.

Yes ... money talks and SASS is a business. The Wild Bunch has to make decisions that consider the bottom line.

Costuming can be a pain, but that's part of the game. Oh ... I made a rhyme!! When the Judge and I are representing SASS at big events, we hear people say "Oh, we know who you represent ... that Cowboy group." Costuming is the best advertisement for SASS/CAS.

I agree that it is expensive to get into our sport. As a single mother and school teacher when I started in the mid 90's, I had to borrow guns for about six months before I could save enough to buy my own ... sometimes working 3-4 jobs. Pards and Pardettes are some of the most generous people in the world; consequently, they learned to share in Kindergarten. That's what we do ... share ... get a gun in a prospective member's hand and we have 'em hooked!!

Just the view from my window.

Kate

I don't shoot many big time matches, just a lot of monthlies, some local annuals and a couple of state wide matches, but I notice the same guys win week after week, month after month, year after year, right up to the moment they don't. Last week we had a relatively new member who has been working his ass off improving over the last couple of years beat out the top shooters at a monthly. We were all excited by his accomplishment. What would that accomplishment have meant to him or us, if he didn't go head to head with and beat the best we have around here? There is nothing superhuman about CAS. Unlike just about any other game I have played the difference between the top shooter and the rest is not related to God given talent. It is based entirely on the willingness to work hard, really hard.

As to short stroke kits and the rest, I have a hunch that the gunfighters of the old west would have jumped at them if they had the opportunity. In fact, reading history, I see that the shootists of the old west embraced any innovation that they could afford and that gave them an edge.

Say all you want about no .22s, but even the evil black rifle crowd have the S&W MP 15-22 and others. Most of my friends in my age group shoot AR-15s and the like and most of them started by buying a .22. Especially with how cheap you can buy a Henry .22 lever action.

Also, back to a point I made earlier, having an age class for everyone except the 17-35, if nothing else, gives the perception that there are so few of those shooters that it wasn't worth it.

Uhhhhh...you do have an age group...17-35.

But be careful, many folks hate what has become of our catagories with them becoming age-based.

Also, have you counted for someone shooting 22's ??? It's a nightmare!

Uhhhhh...you do have an age group...17-35.

But be careful, many folks hate what has become of our catagories with them becoming age-based.

Also, have you counted for someone shooting 22's ??? It's a nightmare!

I am not sure shooting 22s has all the costs savings people claim. Yes the ammunition is a lot cheaper, but good guns are still expensive. If you reload the ammunition cost differential is reduced. When you are done shooting 22 you are stuck with a bunch of 22 caliber cowboy guns and a very soft resale market. You haven't solved anything. You still have to go out and buy centerfire.

A better approach might be two have a 3 gun class for beginners. Better yet clubs might think about formally making some rigs available for beginning shooters. Some people don't have the courage to ask strangers if they can borrow guns, eventhough every SASS member I know is more than willing to lend to a new shooter.

One more thing to consider about growth... when attracting new people to the sports, you may need a program to pull from other shooting activities. That would be a easier then bringing in people new to shooting.

So, if there was a campaign to attract new people, it is best to be prepared for those who have little or no experience with firearms. John Q. Public has lots of experience showing up at past time and sport events with no equipment and no skill. Golf, bowling, even shooting. Just ask gun shop owners how many guns they sell to people new to guns. I see it every time I walk into my favorite gun shop.

Be ready* to handle it, rather than turn people away.

One more thought, when people outside the sport tell us the number one reason is cost, we can't ignore that fact. We don't brush off our hands and say "oh well". We put serious thought on how to remove the barrier to get many more people easily in (and out if they decide it not right for them) to the game.

Big marketing hint... find out what the top 5 barriers are and campaign to dispel or mitigate these barriers. Stress the benefits of the sport as well.

Archived