SASS Wire Forum

Get ready to cry, folks.

Subdeacon Joe

Anybody recognize that uniform?

No idea where those stats or info came from but it's undeniable that K9s have saved a number of lives.

The tracker dogs we used in Vietnam had a life expectancy of 6-8 months but that was mostly due to the tropical climate and diseases.

Anybody recognize that uniform?

No idea where those stats or info came from but it's undeniable that K9s have saved a number of lives.

The tracker dogs we used in Vietnam had a life expectancy of 6-8 months but that was mostly due to the tropical climate and diseases.

SWAG, but looks Aussie or Kiwi...

LG

SWAG, but looks Aussie or Kiwi...

LG

I kinda thought that but the camo pattern doesn't look right and the body armor looks more police than military. I'm thinking a police paramilitary unit somewhere.

EDIT. Found it.

Dogs' careers really only last one to two months?

"3-5 soldiers a day" and "150 through their career" looks like 30 to 50 day career.

I would hazard a guess the "dog unit", consisting of several dogs, saves 3-5 soldiers a day and individually each dog averages 150 during its career.

I would hazard a guess the "dog unit", consisting of several dogs, saves 3-5 soldiers a day and individually each dog averages 150 during its career.

That does make more sense. Be nice if reporters learned to write in English.

Don't ya love the internet? I think the pic and real story were touching enough without some "blogger" doing his thing.

Dogs are truly man's most loyal, courageous, and beloved friends.

Archived