SASS Wire Forum

Better put your thinking caps on......

BJT

How in the wide wide world of sports did we get from a double cocking gunfighter to Schrodinger's Cat?

Hey BJT...I don't think anyone ever anticipated gunfighters getting as good as they are...I say let 'em run...they're fun to watch.

Oh...And why did the cowboy buy a dachshund...The song said "...to get a long little doggie..."

C.C.Dollar

Hi Folks,

Excuse me for interrupting your jokes (hubby says I have no SOH) to go back to the OP.

After reading the OP and wondering if I'd missed something as I'd not counted for the GF, I talked to one of the folks who counted for him. The OP stated: "...You could always tell they were two shots but danged if most counters could tell what gun hit which first... We had a stage with two rows of 5 revovler targets, one row slightly higher than the other. This young man did the same thing. With a few milliseconds between pairs of shots, one hitting the low target and one hitting the high target, he went through all ten in amazing time. The stage instructions were to engage all ten so the order was unimportant.

But here is the thing. 90% of spotters could not tell you which target was hit first on each pair. The two shots could be heard, b-bam, but there was no time to see which was which. If there was an order, doubt goes to the shooter"

The counter I talked to said there was no discussion of this, no controversy (as I previously stated), and no polling of the spotters to find out what percentage saw what... So, BJT, I am still curious how you came up with the "90%..." statement. :unsure::(

Posts that state things like the following without a sound basis in fact (or actual events) are harmful to our sport which is based on following certain rules: "Not sure who is making the rules, but you have a problem."

Regards,

Allie Mo

That mean lady came by and almost stole my fine structure constant. Probably should have made her walk the Planck.

Rene Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender asks him if he wants a drink. Descartes says: "I think not." and promptly vanishes.

F(x) walks into a bar and orders a martini. Bartender sez: "Sorry, we don't cater to functions."

If you wanna find out who really loves ya, just lock your dog & wife in the trunk of your car. Come back 3 hrs later, open it & see which one is really glad to see ya.

Guy goes to see his Priest. Says "Father, would it be OK if I took Sister Sara out on a date Saturday night?" The monsignor thinks about it a minute and replies, "That would be alright I guess, just don't get in the habit."

And I agree with Snakebite. The rules are in place. Make the call if that's the way you see it as the TO.

Skeleton walks into a bar and tells the barkeep "Give me a beer, and a mop".

Man walks into a hotel in Munich and sees as sign that says, "Heisenberg might have slept here."

Math can be funny too. There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

And my all time favorite physics/bar joke.

"The bartender says 'Sorry, we don't serve neutrinos.' A neutrino walks into a bar."

A neutrino walks into a bar. Bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve neutrinos here". To which he replies, "Don't worry, I'm just passing through."

In all seriousness, can you believe looking down the firing line at the old fools dressed up like their childhood heroes and believing them to be capable of making the jokes seen above but more importantly , understanding them?

I am impressed!

Stop me if you can see where this one is going.

Dr Heisenberg is pulled over one day on the autobahn by the German highway patrol. "Mein Gott, Doctor, do you know how fast you were going?" the officer asks. "No," he says, "but I do know exactly where I am."

Are you calling me an anarchist or the anti-Christ. I assure you sir I am neither.

Dyslexics of the world untie.

Why is everyone mispelling 'Lexdystic' ?

Young cowboy rides into town and sees the sign that a new Psychologist is in town.

He goes in to talk about his recent dreams.

Cowboy says: "Doc, I been having some strange dreams lately. Last week, I dreamed I was a Wigwam. And a couple nights ago, I dreamed I was a TeePee".

Doc says: "No need to worry my friend. You're just to tense".

..........Widder

A old drunk cowboy accidentally stumbled into the church building Saturday afternoon, trips his way into the confessional and sits down. The Priest, there of course to hear confession hears nothing so he coughs to let the cowboy know that he is ready to listen to him, but still hears nothing. He then knocks on the wall separating them, and the cowboy tells him, “Sorry pard, dey ain’t no paper in dis one neither!”

A cowboy notices that a couple of cows in the herd appear to be getting listless and off their feed. His fellow cowboy, an out-of-work physicist, is called over to take a look at the punk animals. He sits in the saddle for a long time, looking at the cows. He pulls out a notebook and pen and begins writing page after page of equations.

After an hour, he says to the other cowboy: "I've got it! I know what's wrong with them. I can prove it, but only for spherical cows in a vacuum."

BaZINGa :lol:

Two Texas farmers, Jim and Bob, are sitting at their favorite bar, drinking beer.

Jim turns to Bob and says, "You know, I'm tired of going through life without an education. Tomorrow I think I'll go to the Community College and sign up for some classes."

Bob thinks it's a good idea, and the two leave. The next day, Jim goes down to the college and meets Dean of Admissions, who signs him up for the four basic classes: Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" Jim says. "What's that?"

The dean says, "I'll give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"

"Yeah." "Then logically speaking, because you own a weed eater, I think that you would have a yard."

"That's true, I do have a yard."

"I'm not done," the dean says. "Because you have a yard, I think logically that you would have a house."

"Yes, I do have a house."

"And because you have a house, I think that you might logically have a family."

"Yes, I have a family."

"I'm not done yet. Because you have a family, then logically you must have a wife. And because you have a wife, then logic tells me you must be a heterosexual."

"I am a heterosexual. That's amazing, you were able to find out all of that because I have a weed eater."

Excited to take the class now, Jim shakes the Dean's hand and leaves to go meet Bob at the bar. He tells Bob about his classes, how he is signed up for Math, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" Bob says, "What's that?"

Jim says, "I'll give you an example. Do you have a weed eater?"

"No."

"Then you're a queer... "

2 bacteria walk into a bar. Bartender says, "We don't serve bacteria in here". The Bacteria reply, "But we work here, we're staph."

A room temperature super-conductor walks into a bar. The Bartender says, "We don't serve Room Temperature Super-Conductors in here."

And the room temperature superconductor leaves without putting up any resistance.

My Gawd Manatee - thank ye for starting a valid discussion on an important issue.

I'd like to switch to Banjo Jokes but it would draw in my good pards Driftwood and Iron Pony and I'll never get to bed tonight... :rolleyes:

Oh the heck with it:

What will you never say about a banjo player?

That's the banjo player's porsche.

Physics and my youthful experience:

The Heineken Uncertainty Principle says "You can never be sure how many beers you had last night."

Hey I think I know this kid... I think he goes to college in Reno and been practicing with those Fernely guys... suprised he hasnt gone crazy yet!

Oh wait! i got to school in Reno??? and Im starting to go crazy....

Oh dam This is about me!!!

Hey Kid,

Yes it is, somewhat (apart from the theoretical stuff). After our conversations about Gunfighter stuff, I know that you are a "gentleman and a scholar" and it has been an honor to watch you grow up and shoot with you.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived