SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee State Championship

:ph34r: This looks like a really fun match (from seeing the stages-- no tricks, no memory tests) and with a lot of really fun-to-be-with folks. Wish we had the time/$$ to make it.

Ya'll have a good time, now...

Wish you could have made it we'd have loved to have you, it should be a great match.

Thanks

Randy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pard Deadman Walking e-mailed me and told me he was the last one they were letting in (apparently they don't know him). Full boat, everyone now goes to the waiting list. :)

Sgt., sometimes someone can slip in under the radar, it will be good to see Deadman again. I think we have 4 on the waiting list now.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Randy

Just think:

confirmation to this match is like a hot ticket to a big College Football game.

"Beware of Scalpers"..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

That's true Widder....but just like a college football team the ticket price goes up with the interest in the game. I'd say this one would be like LSU / Bamer....only it's being played in a better place :)

Can't open the posse list right now, but when I looked last night the top 3 shooters form the US Open on on my possee. Tater, Stuffer, and Duck...I mean Duke. Should be a barn burner! :D

Can't open the posse list right now, but when I looked last night the top 3 shooters form the US Open on on my possee. Tater, Stuffer, and Duck...I mean Duke. Should be a barn burner! :D

Hey Sgt.

at GA State in May, I was on a posse with:

Deuce, Santa Fe River Stan, MAX Montana, Dang it Dan, Arcadia Outlaw, John E Law, Delta Glen Roughneck Rod and his wife, AND.....Woody and Sassy Teton Lady....AND a few other lightnin bolts. Can't remember everyone.

talk about a blast.....WOW. I really had a great time. Heck, I was the only one on the posse that nobody knew..... :o

..........Widder

JM: your memory serves you well.....I remember shooting the last stage while water was running over my boots. The rain had made alittle creek where we had to shoot and it was miserable.

My guess is that Wartrace is gona have some wonderful weather to go along with the great shootin.

My friend, I look forward to seein you again and shootin with ya.

p.s. - the posse is a goodurn!

..........Widder

The closer this one gets the harder it is ta' wait!! :lol::o

I had lunch with Imis yesterday. Good food and lots of fun. We visited a new gun store and indoor range after the meal. The folks there were excited to have us invite them down to the Regulators' Reckoning.

Hoprfully we'll get a little extra exposure and support from a new and very attractive Middle Tennessee business!! :FlagAm:

Nashville Armory. It is in the area beside I65 South just off the Harding exit. You can see it from the interstate. Mostly black guns and semi auto pistols, but the range is BIG and there was a guy shooting a Barrett when we were there.

Check your e-mail, Randy!

Blackwater: you could have gotten there today and still been able to hear that feller shootin his Barrett yesterday..... :lol:

see you boys in about 10!

..........Widder

Hey Widder....if'n the pard shootin' that Barrett would load some 50 cal black powder rounds do you reckon ole Randy would let him shoot in the soot shooters match there at WarTrace?

Hey Krazy. No doubt about it.

Ifn Randy is allowing an ole coot like me shoot SrGF, surely he'd allow most anything else..... :lol:

Krazy, be sure to check out my 'new' toy when ya see me at Wartrace.

..........Widder

Krazy, be sure to check out my 'new' toy when ya see me at Wartrace.

..........Widder

Widder....this "toy"....it is a gun....right? :)

While we've got our pard Randy being agreeable.....Randy, can I shoot the Black Powder match with smokeless and just not be eligible for any of the soot shooters awards (not that I'd be fast enough or anything)? I ain't no gamer and I ain't no fast shooter but I sho cud use da pr*actice.

Couyon Acadien

I'm wanting to attend but appears the match is full. I'm coming anyway, maybe I can set some steel, keep score or work a loading or un-loading table. At least I can see some of my Old Friends and make a few new ones.

Widder....this "toy"....it is a gun....right? :)

While we've got our pard Randy being agreeable.....Randy, can I shoot the Black Powder match with smokeless and just not be eligible for any of the soot shooters awards (not that I'd be fast enough or anything)? I ain't no gamer and I ain't no fast shooter but I sho cud use da pr*actice.

Couyon Acadien

Kajun, my guess would be no because we could have enough pards wanting the practice that it would really not be fair to the folks wanting to shoot Black Powder.

Thanks

Randy

I'm wanting to attend but appears the match is full. I'm coming anyway, maybe I can set some steel, keep score or work a loading or un-loading table. At least I can see some of my Old Friends and make a few new ones.

Persuader, contact Papa Dave, info is on the application. He has started a waiting list and you always have a few folks that have to drop out for one reason or another. Last year I think we had a few that got in from the list.

Hope you get in.

Randy

Randy; I contacted Papa Dave. Hope I get in also.

Last year a couple of our pards Missouri Traveler and Missouri Lefty gt in at the last minute so on't give up hope. :)

Last year a couple of our pards Missouri Traveler and Missouri Lefty gt in at the last minute so on't give up hope. :)

That was 2 of the ones I was refering to, so there is always hope. By the way they signed up a lot earlier this year.

8 days and counting.

Randy

Long term weather forecast: Mostly Sunny - low's mid 50's - highs low to middle 70's - 10% chance of rain. Not too shabby, not too shabby, at all. :)

Sounds great Drover, I hope it holds.

See ya in week.

Randy

Just got a call from our photographer!1 He wants to get pictures of the Wild Bunch and Black Powder matches, so you reprobates get out there and put on yer best show!!

DB Pro photo is our picture guy. He's workin' on gettin' off an extra day just to get pictures of the side matches and such. Check out his past stuff on the interweb!! Some of this stuff is really GOOD!

Got the truck packed and ready to go. I pick up the trailer at 7:00 in the morning and then have to load it and pick up a hat that's needin' delivered. I should make Wartrace before lunch, but the way today went you never know.

It's gonna' be good to be on the road again, even if this IS the shortest trip I make for a big match. :lol:

See y'all there!!! B)

Archived