SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee State Championship

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... there ya go... frog-friendly stages!

ts

:lol::lol: YEP!! Even you could get through 'em, Studdly!! :lol::lol:

Randy,

with all these GFer's comin your way (and the great job Y'all did last year), I'm sure the stages will make the GFer's and Duelist very happy.

And remember, when a stage is GF friendly.....its friendly to everyone.

See ya sooooooon.

..........Widder

Widder, Whiskey Hayes usually writes stages that are friendly to everyone, Saturday we shot some you would have loved.

Randy

Just looked at the list of GF and SrGF.

WOW!

So far, 9 GFer's and 6 SrGFer's are listed and it looks like a Kentucky Derby thoroughbred race.

GF:

Bluff

Boaz Longhorn

Fast Harley

Hikes Point Hawk

Kid Ziggy

Pleasant

Sgt. Eli

Wes Outlaw

SrGF:

El Carrera

Grey Horse

Lightning McCoy

Lonesome Al

Widder

Yankee Dutchman

YEEHAW!

..........Widder

OOPS, by bad Sgt ELI.

I was coping the GF list from their website listing. I'll change my post and hopefully, the Regulators will add you into their 'Whose Coming' list.

See you soon.

..........Widder

Duke,

I thought that was the case also.

Anyhow, ifn the Sgt. goes with B Western, it will probably make alot of GF very happy..... :D

As for me, I'm gona hang out (hide) with the Senior boys..... :lol:

..........Widder

Duke,

I thought that was the case also.

Anyhow, ifn the Sgt. goes with B Western, it will probably make alot of GF very happy..... :D

As for me, I'm gona hang out (hide) with the Senior boys..... :lol:

..........Widder

Widder, with your fancy pistols oughtn you be shooting B Western :)

Sarge not that I don't appreciate the offer but I'm pretty sure Stuffer is only allowed to leave the Illinois Republic if he's under your direct supervision.

Maybe next time. ^_^http://sassnet.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

D.S.

Sounds like the trash talk is beginning, see ya'll at the match.

Randy

Krazy,

B Western is toooooo pimpy for me. I might travel alittle with the Geisha twins (Ashia and Kadisha) but I ain't gona look like their pimp..... :lol:

See ya sooooon.

..........Widder

Sarge not that I don't appreciate the offer but I'm pretty sure Stuffer is only allowed to leave the Illinois Republic if he's under your direct supervision.

Maybe next time.dry.gif

D.S.

Illinois doesn't really want to keep him....it's just that no other state wants him. He might bring you some of his world famous ice cream though....but you have to be there the first day or it's all gone.

Stages are posted, while we think this is the final draft it is subject to change without notice.

http://wartraceregulators.com/files/State2012StagesVer4.pdf

Thanks

Randy

To all you GFer's reading this, I talked with Clancy O'Connell today and he told me he wasn't shooting GF at the State this year but rather another category.

He is a darn good GF and actually was the State GF Champ in 2010.

Thought I would pass along the news.

..........Widder

To all you GFer's reading this, I talked with Clancy O'Connell today and he told me he wasn't shooting GF at the State this year but rather another category.

He is a darn good GF and actually was the State GF Champ in 2010.

Thought I would pass along the news.

..........Widder

Clancy said he was shooting Wrangler this year.

Thanks

Randy

Maybe he got to see the stages before he signed up <_<

Yea. With what looks to be 4 (FOUR) split pistol stages, can you blame him.

Even the Duelist will have an edge over GFers because they can shoot BOTH pistols using their dominant (strong) hand.

To the contrary, GunFighters will be shootin 4 stages like a Duelist BUT we will be required to shoot one of our pistols with our (off) weak hand.....SASS Shooters Handbook, Page 13.

..........Widder

Yea. With what looks to be 4 (FOUR) split pistol stages, can you blame him.

Even the Duelist will have an edge over GFers because they can shoot BOTH pistols using their dominant (strong) hand.

To the contrary, GunFighters will be shootin 4 stages like a Duelist BUT we will be required to shoot one of our pistols with our (off) weak hand.....SASS Shooters Handbook, Page 13.

..........Widder

+ 1. I have to agree...not too thrilled with those stages.

+ 1. I have to agree...not too thrilled with those stages.

Howdy Sgt.

At present, my guess is that there are 19 GF, SrGF, and Outlaws that ain't very trilled.

We can look at it on the bright side: we only have to shoot 60% of the match 'our way' and all those other poor suckers have to shoot the WHOLE MATCH their way! :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Howdy Sgt.

At present, my guess is that there are 19 GF, SrGF, and Outlaws that ain't very trilled.

We can look at it on the bright side: we only have to shoot 60% of the match 'our way' and all those other poor suckers have to shoot the WHOLE MATCH their way! :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder,

I finally looked at the stages this morning and I don't think they're as bad as it looks at first glance. One of those split stages is simply fire five shots and take a couple of steps to the left or right and resume firing. The three stages where you have a gun or two between pistol strings are set up with ample staging area and you don't have to carry your pistols back and forth.

Knowing what I do about the range and the physical layout there are a couple of other stages that will probably more than make up for any disadvantage you'll have on those stages in question. ;)

Only problem for a lame brain like me will be remembering which pistol to start with on the second pistol string!! :lol::rolleyes::unsure::lol:

To shoot five and move is nothing different then split pistols no matter how you look at it. The rhythm is broken and the double cockers run a good chance of moving with cocked pistol.(SDQ)

To shoot 5, stage pistols, shoot other guns then pick up pistols from a table and shoot other 5 is a handicap to all GF's. Pistols are made to be drawn from holsters not picked up off of tables.

I already have too many matches in October as it is. Not real thrilled to be going to one that is written to handicap my base category.

Just my opinion for course.

Stage one would be an easy fix. Why split pistols and shotgun. Let the pistols be back to back and just split the shotgun. I also don't care to put pistols on a prop and then pick them up, it is a handicap. The shoot 5 move with guns out and shoot 5 I can live with.

Got to admit, I looked at the stages this morning and figured that gunfighters might not be happy. I had previewed the target layouts of 1 through 5 for rewrites for the Black Powder warm-up match.

Like I said, I'm familiar with the range and stage buildings, so compared to some places where I've shot Gunfighter I'll say "It could be worse!" I'm also a Southpaw, so I'm really familiar with unfriendly stages. Some matches, (state level and higher) take no account for us lefties at all, so I sympathise.

Still think y'all will have a great time, and oh by the way, I switched to FCGF

Well, for the record, I'm still planning to make this trip and have a good time.

I've promised a few folks that I would check out their Marlins while there and remedy a couple minor problems.

Plus, I'm looking forward to shooting with some good friends I don't often see.

Hope to see ALL you Gunfighters there and give it your best.

Safe travels to everyone!

..........Widder

I think can say for sure that the Black Powder match stages are everybody friendly. That's what i set out to do anyways!! B)

I think can say for sure that the Black Powder match stages are everybody friendly. That's what i set out to do anyways!! B)

Hey Blackwater...are ya'll tackin' on a MSV for unsafe emissions for those soot shooters :)

Hey Blackwater...are ya'll tackin' on a MSV for unsafe emissions for those soot shooters :)

Kajun, I think when Blackwater said everybody friendly, he meant everybody on the "Dark Side".

See you at the match.

Randy

Kajun, I think when Blackwater said everybody friendly, he meant everybody on the "Dark Side".

See you at the match.

Randy

Well Randy, It IS a Black Powder match!! :rolleyes:

Kajun, that's medicinal smoke!! It's good for ya'!! :lol:

My pard Deadman Walking e-mailed me and told me he was the last one they were letting in (apparently they don't know him). Full boat, everyone now goes to the waiting list. :)

Archived