SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee State Championship

Well we are only 6 weeks from The Tennessee State Championship. This year looks to be a great one, after close examination we raised our shooters limit to 175. Get your entries in early, last year we filled up and had to start a waiting list.

This year we have added a Range Boss 76+ Category and we will still have Frontier Cartridge Gunfigter and the always fun to watch Outlaw Categories. Side matches on Thursday are included in the match fee as well as Friday night dinner, Saturday night Awards Banquet, a 3 stage Wild Bunch Match and a 3 stage Blackpowder Match on Thursday. Like last year after the 5 Main Match Stages on Friday we will have a Team Match.

Application

For more info check out our website.

Wartrace Regulators

Here is a link to my blog with a report and pictures from the last years match.

Wartrace Cowboys

Stages are posted, while we think this is the final draft it is subject to change without notice.

http://wartraceregulators.com/files/State2012StagesVer4.pdf

Hope to see you at this years match.

Randy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep! Got a great bunch of vendors and lots of folks that just love to entertain. The black powder mini match will be soot maker friendly and fun to watch. The Friday night supper and the banquet are gonna' rock!

If you ain't already got yer bonafides sent in you need to get 'em goin'!

Hope to see all our old friends and some new ones too!!!

Widder!!

Glad you can make it!! We'll have FUN!!

Brang sum frens!! :lol:

My appl. is going in the mail TODAY!

"Bring on the steel"!

..........Widder

Widder, glad to hear you'll be there, it should be a blast. I think I'm going to try to have 2 Texas Stars for the Team Match.

Randy

Well you know me....wouldn't miss it. :D

Great Sgt.

I'll be shooting Senior GF this time. I could have shot it at GOA but I wanted to shoot in the same category with some of you other fellers.

Lookin forward to the match.

..........Widder

Been waiting for this match all year, but recently found out I have to go to Pitt for work and wont be home in time to make it!!

This has been an off year for me, missed too many great matches!!

Snakebite, sorry you can't make it we'll miss ya'll.

Mose, this may be your year to shoot great.

Sgt. Eli, Purly, glad ya'll will be there.

Widder, glad you'll be there, next year I plan to go to Senior Duelist.

Randy

Been waiting for this match all year, but recently found out I have to go to Pitt for work and wont be home in time to make it!!

This has been an off year for me, missed too many great matches!!

Hey Snakey!!

Just so long as Skeeter shows up we can forgive ya'!!

She's really who we look forward to seein' anyway! :lol:

You aint tellin me something i dont already know!!!

Yep! Everywhere I go, they're lookin' over my shoulder 'n' askin' "Where's Schoolmarm?" :lol:

Deadwood Woody and Sassy Teton Lady will be there from Florida. Looking forward to shooting this match again. It has been a number of years since we were there.

We will also be holding a Wild Bunch Range Officers Class on Sunday following the match. So plan on staying an extra day and attend the class.

Place: Wartrace Regulators Range

Date: Sunday October 14, 2012

Time: 9:30 AM

Phone: 931-723-7896

Email: papadave17266@hughes.net

Or you can call Woody or Sassy for information 352-357-3065

Woody,

I'm lookin forward to seeing you and the beautiful Sassy again.

Hope you are doing well.

I may try to call you folks before the match.

See you sooooon! YEEHAW

..........Widder

Deadwood Woody and Sassy Teton Lady will be there from Florida. Looking forward to shooting this match again. It has been a number of years since we were there.

We will also be holding a Wild Bunch Range Officers Class on Sunday following the match. So plan on staying an extra day and attend the class.

Place: Wartrace Regulators Range

Date: Sunday October 14, 2012

Time: 9:30 AM

Phone: 931-723-7896

Email: papadave17266@hughes.net

Or you can call Woody or Sassy for information 352-357-3065

Woody, glad you added this, Papa Dave told us about it last match but I forgot to mention it.

See ya'll at the match.

Randy

I'm mailing my registration in this week. What tripped the trigger so to speak is the WB RO class on Sunday, and maybe the possibility to shoot one on Thursday. It's just the cherry on top of the ice cream.

Cherokee Slim

I'm mailing my registration in this week. What tripped the trigger so to speak is the WB RO class on Sunday, and maybe the possibility to shoot one on Thursday. It's just the cherry on top of the ice cream.

Cherokee Slim

Glad you're going to be there.

Randy

Had to gulp a little but I sent in my app with the gold dust and wired ahead for a hotel for Wartrace. I'm shooting Ambush the weekend before so my little truck will have a few miles put on it between GA, AL and TN. Yeehaa ya'll!!

The Judge and I will be there and are looking forward to making new friends and catching up with "old" ones. :)

Kate

I'm so pleased to have you both at our little shoot! I don't reckon I've seen you or the Judge since CAC last fall!

Y'all stop by the tent and see me!!

I shot the regular monthly match today at Wartrace. The place looks great and everything is in place for another great Regulators' Reckoning!! :FlagAm:

Cherokee Slim

Question came up about having to be a ROII to take the Wild Bunch RO class so Papa Dave e-mailed Sassy and found that you don't .

Here is the reply;

They recommend it, but it has been waived if you feel the experience is there. We are having some cross over from other shooting sports and we would rather have them attend as they may never shoot a cowboy match. Ask them to read the RO2 manual as a couple of test questions are from RO1 and 2. But we have been hitting those questions hard in the presentation as many who have taken RO1 and 2 have done so a long long long time ago.

But in a short answer, they may attend , not a problem.

Sassy

We had the last big planning session for The Regulators' Reckoning this evening. Just a few little things to polish up and we're ready to go!!

For those of you who have delayed getting your bonafides in, YOU'D BETTER GET MOVIN'!

Preliminary shooter's list is up and we'll have a list with categories and all up soon!! The new buckles are great looking! That's right, BUCKLES!! Plaques for state champions and buckles in categories this year.

Lots of prizes and other stuff goin' on. Friday night supper, three stage Black Powder mini match, three stage Wild Bunch mini match, and a special side match to raise funds for the S.A.S.S. Chapel!!

Check the Wartrace Regulators website for more info!!

Hey Randy:

you gona set up a TEAM match stage again this year on side match day?

I had a blast last year getting to shoot with Missouri Lefty and Marshal W.D.

..........Widder

Just a reminder!! VENDORS If you haven't sent your forms in for the match, WE NEED THEM POST HASTE!! :rolleyes:

Blackwater, Randy, hate to miss shooting with all y'all but, going to another state championship; just too many good shoots around to make them all; hopefully next year.

Blackwater, Randy, hate to miss shooting with all y'all but, going to another state championship; just too many good shoots around to make them all; hopefully next year.

DADBURNIT UGLY!! Now ya' done gone an' made me MAD!! ;)

Be safe Pard, 'n' we'll see you down the road! B)

Oh Yeah!! Good luck and all that too!! :lol::lol:

Archived