SASS Wire Forum

State Champions writing stages

WOGG

I agree totally

I have seen board members do an early shoot through, day before sidematch day, for official scores,

not properly dressed, some in tee shirts, shorts, etc, (cuss it was hot)

that is not honerable, no matter how hard they work

mileage always varies :huh:

Had I taken the time to read all of the posts I could have just put Duece's comments up.....I posted just ahead of you and in essence said what Duece did.

'

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The operative word you used was "group". This guy had ONE.

One can grow to two, then three, as it rather did at EOT. Just depends on how far the unhappy camper wants to push it. If person just boycotts the event and stays home silently, then damage control is minimal.

I agree totally

I have seen board members do an early shoot through, day before sidematch day, for official scores,

not properly dressed, some in tee shirts, shorts, etc, (cuss it was hot)

that is not honerable, no matter how hard they work

mileage always varies :huh:

Hi Mike,

I arrived at a distant town a day early for the match. So, I went to the range to visit with campers... I saw the club president shoot through in Keds and shorts. Others were also wearing Outlawed clothes. :rolleyes: Shame on them! :(

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS This was a State Championship.

Personally, I don't see that as any great loss.

<_<

I've gone so far as to offer drastic physical modifications to ANYONE who might suggest that one of our clubs' MD & scorekeeper would even THINK of doing anything improper, whether in regard to stage design/setup or match procedures (both were muliple State & Regional Champs at the time).

:ph34r:

IMO - There is no such thing as a "GF-UNfriendly" stage...there are options within the category regs that specifically address split revolver scenarios.

A Gunfighter is expected to adapt accordingly.

+1

Hi Mike,

I arrived at a distant town a day early for the match. So, I went to the range to visit with campers... I saw the club president shoot through in Keds and shorts. Others were also wearing Outlawed clothes. :rolleyes: Shame on them! :(

Regards,

Allie Mo

there were other out of staters that showed up

and :huh: saw the same thing :huh:

think they were from Montana

and they did say something,,,,,

no-protest

just

be-wildered :blink:

sum-thin like.................. (as they walked back to their rv)

"is that how u-awl doo things around here????? hummmmmmm)

That comment was a response to the following info provided by the OP in a later post:

...and I often DO shoot Gunfighter (preferably with BP).

Please refer to post #34.

;)

I do respect you and what you do on the wire, but if you shot GF all the time at all the state and above shoots as a lot of the GF'ers do, then it would be different in my opinion. I think that there is still a resentment by a lot of shooters and stage writers toward GF'ers.....and I don't know why. Looking at world and Nat'l championship I don't recall them being dominated by GF'ers. We don't mind the ocassional split pistol...just give us a staging area....but 4 or 5 split pistols isn't right. Nor is split pistols with a long gun in between and both pistols a "dump". It's funny, once the trend went to S X S shotguns....all of a sudden shotgun targets are even numbered to be "fair". While we aren't a whinny group, we are smaller than the majority and are sometimes looked at as having some sort of advantage.....if a stage is GF friendly it's usually friendly for all shooters....split pistols generally favor the tradional and the duelist.

Just my too scents.

KK

I do respect you and what you do on the wire, but if you shot GF all the time at all the state and above shoots as a lot of the GF'ers do, then it would be different in my opinion. I think that there is still a resentment by a lot of shooters and stage writers toward GF'ers.....and I don't know why. Looking at world and Nat'l championship I don't recall them being dominated by GF'ers. We don't mind the ocassional split pistol...just give us a staging area....but 4 or 5 split pistols isn't right. Nor is split pistols with a long gun in between and both pistols a "dump". It's funny, once the trend went to S X S shotguns....all of a sudden shotgun targets are even numbered to be "fair". While we aren't a whinny group, we are smaller than the majority and are sometimes looked at as having some sort of advantage.....if a stage is GF friendly it's usually friendly for all shooters....split pistols generally favor the tradional and the duelist.

Just my too scents.

KK

wow

you shudda ben a gunfighter form the first day it was born

most clubs did NOT even allow it on their range

talk bout resent-ment

the ones that did, well????? they usually wrote againt gf-ers overall

then we had to carry a qualifing card (real deal) and I went to clubs that did not accept mine

they said

anyone cudda printed that :lol:

BEFORE THE GUNFIGHTER category

most stages were written with a long gun between pistols

thats just the way it waz,

----------so perhaps------

just that simple change

ment

catering to gunfighters hence resentmint

I am proud to have ridden the gunfighter range from its first day

and I helped tex and others to make it the success it has today

things these days (for gf-ers) really rock compared to the wagon ruted trails we rode ta git hare

at my peak, I won my statechampionship overall as a gf, and it had two split pistol stages

I one my regionioal shoot top 5 over all as a gf with split pistol stages, in the match

I won utah black powder state championship overall, as a gf

I won the alaska territorial match over all once apon a time as a gunfighter

my point is, ya dont have to have all stages with pistols back to back to rockk ;)

ya didnt have to break the two shots at one time rule

for entertainment purposes either----to rock at Gunfighter

folks

just write stages that are NOT set out to hurt any one or group specificly

pre-shoots, always open the door to folks wondering about many different things

so give that some thought

just say thanks all of the folks that put on shoots

it often times includes more than just borad members (or at least it should)

shucks they need the help

and I have never been called on breaking the gunfighter rule for time between shots, for the counters to tell

We don't mind the ocassional split pistol...just give us a staging area....but 4 or 5 split pistols isn't right. Nor is split pistols with a long gun in between and both pistols a "dump". KK

I thought shooting left handed was bad..(stages written for righties) :blush:

shooting left handed AND being a GF is worse. ;)

Even worse is a left handed GF AND shooting a 97. :lol:

I do respect you and what you do on the wire, but if you shot GF all the time at all the state and above shoots as a lot of the GF'ers do, then it would be different in my opinion. ...

KK

Howdy KK,

Please clear your inbox...trying to send a PM.

Rgds,

PWB

Hi Mike,

Regards,

Allie Mo

yupp

I know....

:huh:

folks putting on state chamionship shoots

need to give considerable toughts as to

the contract they sign with SASS

the contract states among other things

that the sponsering club must obey and enforce current SASS rules

not just the rules they like!

I have read these contracts and signed them as well

so I understand what they say

Hi Mike,

Regards,

Allie Mo

Shooting in costume is part of the game...those folks should have been MDQ'd.

Sooooo....no one said a dang thing?????

Those folks should have been shamed into doing the right thing...IMNSHO.

Phantom

:FlagAm:

Shooting in costume is part of the game...those folks should have been MDQ'd.

Sooooo....no one said a dang thing?????

Those folks should have been shamed into doing the right thing...IMNSHO.

Phantom

:FlagAm:

:)

Hi Phantom,

One of the club's officers mentioned it to the Board and was told to "lighten up..."

Regards,

Allie Mo

:)

Hi Phantom,

One of the club's officers mentioned it to the Board and was told to "lighten up..."

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hell...if I had the money...I'd get a big old billboard made up with their faces on it and tell world that they are all a bunch of CHEATERS!!!!

Cuz that exactly what they are!!!!!

:angry:

I was at the State match Wogg is talking about and I am here to tell you it was one of the best matches yet. It was well thought out with no "P" traps.The stages were simple and easy to explain. I am sorry that a very few Cowboys/Cowgirls were upset about this well planed and executed shoot.The shooting was great, the food was fantastic and being surrounded by some of the best Cowboys/Cowgirls in the sport was truely a grand experience that I will never forget.I would not change a thing. In fact if Wogg does not write the stages I propably won't come. Not because I think some else wouldn't or couldn't do as good or maybe better job than Wogg just because I don't like sour grapes. :excl::FlagAm:

Guest Mizpah Pete

Had to show support for Wogg. I shot in this match this year and to show how well written it was in 2 days I had no Ps and 2 misses. Anyone who has shot with me will tell you the stages had to be simple to understand. I quess I must not be[ getting paid as much to shoot] as the sour grapes clan.I am there to have fun and be somewhat competative and that is how the stages were written. Shot in our 2 day shoot in Jerome this year on Woggs posse and he has no airs about him even with us slower shooters. I figure someday he will drop a gun P 3or4 stages and I will beat him.He also wins down here where we write the stages.Go WOGG. :FlagAm:

Archived