SASS Wire Forum

Tulsa Concealed Carry Neighborhood

Subdeacon Joe

If nothing else, a good try.

I'd like to see some stats of crime before and after the signs went up.

From the limited experience I have with the kind of person who breaks and enters, thinking ahead is not their strong point. I'm not sure that thinking at all is what they do best.

From the limited experience I have with the kind of person who breaks and enters, thinking ahead is not their strong point. I'm not sure that thinking at all is what they do best.

I agree that thinking isn't one of their strong suits but they are lazy....they like the least amount of hastle on a breakin and look for the easier target....if they are looking at two houses as a potential entry and see one with an ADT alarm sign out front and the other without....guess which one is going to be the target.

If you want to see results look at the before and after in Austrailia after the gun turn in....crime went up. Look at states that have active CCW in place....crime has gone down.

by John Lott

Over the last six months, the Police Executive Research Forum, the chief executives of primarily large police departments, has gotten the media concerned that the country is threatened by a sudden upsurge in violent crime and murder. It becomes a lot less scary when one realizes that the violent crime rate fell for 13 straight years, a total drop of 39 percent, before increasing in 2005 by less than 1 percent.

<P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" align=center>The Truth About "The Florida Model" "Violent crime rates are highest overall in states with laws severely limiting or prohibiting the carrying of concealed firearms for self-defense". (FBI Uniform Crime Reports, 1992)

As you stated they usually aren't the smartest, but if they know there is the chance of getting shot....they sometimes will turn away.

Just my too scents....or for the politically correct two cents.

KK

I agree that thinking isn't one of their strong suits but they are lazy....they like the least amount of hastle on a breakin and look for the easier target....if they are looking at two houses as a potential entry and see one with an ADT alarm sign out front and the other without....guess which one is going to be the target.

The ADT house. The perps probably have no idea what it means, and the house with the sign looks fancier than the one without, so probably has fancier stuff inside.

Hey! That's how dumb people think. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.

I don't get it. Why concealed carry neighborhood? It sounds like they are trying to hide something even in their own homes.

Why not something like "Neighborhood residents are trained in the use of firearms".

I would have thought that the sign

"Nothing in this house is worth dying for"

would have had the correct importance and

is easily understood.

It could be interpreted as saying they can take anything they want and you won't put up a fight.

Archived