SASS Wire Forum

1890 Winchester Pump .22LR

Walked into a local dealer yesterday....and sitting on the rack was an 1890 Winchester pump rifle in .22LR. Octagonal barrel, pristine condition (stock and forearm clean, tight, no cracks, mild handling marks)with about 90% of its blue still there and clear rifling still in the barrel.

This would be a NICE toy...at $1075.

LL

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Walked into a local dealer yesterday....and sitting on the rack was an 1890 Winchester pump rifle in .22LR. Octagonal barrel, pristine condition (stock and forearm clean, tight, no cracks, mild handling marks)with about 90% of its blue still there and clear rifling still in the barrel.

This would be a NICE toy...at $1075.

LL

It would be a nice toy! I wished I were there.

ts

I have one of these Winchester model 1890's in .22 Long Rifle. Only 10% of the total 1890's were in this caliber.

Most were .22 Short, .22 Long, .22 WRF. These are all proprietary guns and will only chamber and shoot the cartridge they were made for.

Winchester model "06's and model '62's and '62 A's could shoot all 3, shorts, longs, and long rifle. Most were round barrel guns.

This would be a good buy if someone really wanted one. I would place a value of $1,250 to $1,300 on one in this shape.

Mine was professionally restored by Rogers Restorations here in SoCal about 10 years ago. $1,500 wouldn't be out of line for value.

Jake

I have one, a .22 Short Takedown model. It was our farm rifle as a kid in the 50's and is in pretty rough shape but it is a family heirloom....

Been reading a bit. I should have called this a "slide", not a "pump". This is a solid frame model, which I understand to be less commmon; it's also LR, which was also less common.

Hmmm....Blue Book is around $1250.....

Maybe I'm headed back to the shop next week...

LL

Been reading a bit. I should have called this a "slide", not a "pump". This is a solid frame model, which I understand to be less commmon; it's also LR, which was also less common.

Hmmm....Blue Book is around $1250.....

Maybe I'm headed back to the shop next week...

LL

Prolly be gone when you get back. That's the way it always works in my case , anyway.

Good Luck , Rex :D

Archived