SASS Wire Forum

Ivory-gripped Colts

Some time back, I mentioned I was getting some ivory grips made by Paul Persinger for a couple of my Colt semi-auto pistols. I promised to post some pictures and here they are:

Colt semi-autos

I like to think of them as Big Brother and Little Brother. The 1911 is one of the WWI reproduction run Colt put out a couple of years ago. The Mustang is from the current production run being made by Colt.

I asked Paul to duplicate the pattern of the double diamond checkered grips traditionally used on the 1911, and to replicate them in a scaled down version for the Mustang. He did so, even scaling down the dimensions on the checkering. The pictures speak for themselves, and - needless to say - I am very pleased with how they turned out.

Regards, TJH

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Dyslexic-Tex Jim Henry....

heheheehe...

Them are some good lookin' roscoe's, my friend!

ts

I cannot comment but I wish I could. Fact is the pics are postage stamp size and I cannot see them worth a durn even with my readin' specs on.

I have noticed this more and more here lately that photobucket pics are itty bitty now. Never used to be this way.

Anyone have a trick on how to enlarge the photos back up to normal size? I have looked all over the pages so affected to no avail trying to find an expandizer. No joy. :angry::huh:

Saweet.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Very nice indeed. I'm jealous. Lone Dog, I double click the photo's and they enlarge,( hope that helps ya)

Well I preciate the help there PGFH but even double clicking just makes the itty bitty postage stamps into a little bit but not all that much bigger postage stamps. Grrr. Photobucket didn't use to be like this. And some folks pics are full size but some are now the postage stamps??

Well I preciate the help there PGFH but even double clicking just makes the itty bitty postage stamps into a little bit but not all that much bigger postage stamps. Grrr. Photobucket didn't use to be like this. And some folks pics are full size but some are now the postage stamps??

Try it again...earlier today, I got the page with the "view as slideshow" option (which can be set to "fullscreen")

A minute ago, I got the same "postage stamp" version you ref'd.

Closed that...then clicked on the link again & was back to the same page as this afternoon.

:wacko:

Thank you for the nice comments, pards.

LD - When I click on the link, it takes me to the album with postage stamp thumbnails (truly not much bigger than a postage stamp). If I click (just a single click) on the first thumbnail, it opens it up to - on my PC anyway - an image roughly 6" x 8". If that doesn't work for you, send me your email address and I'll email the pics to you. The six pictures total about 4MB, so I hope you have a reasonably fast Internet connection.

TS - Aren't all bean counters dyslexic?!? ;)

Goody - Promise to bring them to the next match (actually had the Mustang with me, but didn't think to show it to you. Sorry)

Regards, TJH

i have the same two pistols - wait-- are these mine?

Nope, mine need these ivories on them.

Do you mind sharing the cost? (Either here or in a Private Message)

If not, I understand.

But they are outstanding!!!

Nope, that didn't work either. When I single click on the first postage stamp all the pics go away to be replaced with a blank white screen. Blank at least where the 4 postage stamps were, the borders are the same.

Sigh...

Try this direct LINK to the "slideshow" presentation.

Archived